Small gold finishing pan - Reccomendations?

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Look them up on ebay, there's some deals on there where you can get 2 8" pans with two different riffle styles. It also comes with a snuffer bottle, price is usually around $10 or more

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finishing pan

I like the 8" Pioneer pan, with 2 sets of riffles. Seems like Keene took them over, they sell them on their web page. Also, look into Falcon finishing pan, they have no riffles, but are designed especially for finishing. Lets hope you have lots of yella stuff at the end of the day!

Last edited:

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have found most of the smaller pans to have too small a bottom to suit me. I just use the GPAA pan because I like the large crowned bottom and it seems to work really well for me.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140407_154739.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fossil4Life

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look them up on ebay, there's some deals on there where you can get 2 8" pans with two different riffle styles. It also comes with a snuffer bottle, price is usually around $10 or more
After looking around, the most affordable finishing pan with small riffles was on eBay. Got a 12" green pan and sniffer bottle with cap for about $10 with free shipping. Thanks!

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with SL on this one.

If you watch this video I think you'll understand what we mean by the larger bottom.

Doc

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pioneer is really good but I wish it were orange so the black sands show better.

OP
OP
F

Fossil4Life

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with SL on this one.

If you watch this video I think you'll understand what we mean by the larger bottom.

Doc
That's an awesome video, Doc! Thanks for sharing! =D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread