small hitler bust found *updated with hitler bunker info*

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
Hey guys! I can't take credit for finding this, bammer actually found it and gave it to me (thanks!). If you check back tomorrow, I will have info on the area. He found it in the woods near Hitlers Aux bunker (its about 8 mins away on top of a hill), that was going to be the HQ for the campaign against France. There are a WHOLE line of bunkers that were built before the outbreak of ww2 in the area. Well, as you guys know France fell really fast, so the hitlers HQ bunker was abandoned, along with most of the bunkers that were built. I think the bunkers were later used again as the allies started to push into germany.. and were the second echelon of the west wall (like the town of lambsborn, the area I found with the water filled bunker). I should have more info on the story tomorrow if you are interested.

The bust looks like it was on a plaque at one time. Its in good shape, and made of some kind of heavy metal. I put a pen next to it for size comparison. I think he found it in a trash pit, as if a german found it in their house and tossed it? Not really sure how it got out in the woods.

Check back later for more info :) Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• hitlerbust.jpg
    hitlerbust.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 980
Upvote 0

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
Re: small hitler bust found

I remember when I could pick up a good German helmet for $30, now there going for a few hundred...HANG ON TO THAT PUPPY, no mater what it's worth, the value will only go up! (So much [of anything Hitler] was destroyed)

oh, make some documentation...letter of authenticity, where you found it, that kind of thing...

neil

C

canyoudoanybetter

Go to snyderstreasures.com/pages/hitler they have similar bust mounted on wood for $495. I think these were quite common in Germany during the war. Usually made of aluminum, bronze, or a mixture of poorer quality metals. The area you are in has the potential to be a great source of discarded war booty! Good luck and have fun!

OP
OP
viper771

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany

Yep, i saw that similar one on snyders site. I have to warn EVERYONE about his website, if you ever plan to buy anything from him. So many ppl have been ripped off by that dude, and a LOT of his stuff is FAKE, but priced as if it is real, beware!!!

Yeah, helmets are up into the 1,000s.. i keep looking for that stuff. I found a lot of stuff today, and I am going to take pict tonight. I have to put up info about hitlers bunker. His bust may have been on the bunker itself. Its hard to say. The french blew up all this stuff, I think you can only see the concrete roof of the bunker now, since it was filled with TNT, and it sorta.. caved in.

I keep looking though!! Stuff is everywhere, esp if you do the research :) HH!

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II

wait a minute...you said "highlights painted gold"....is it real gold? just a thought...

neil

OP
OP
viper771

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany

hummm, i dunno.. i don't think its real.. i prob should go look at it. thanks for the heads up!!

here is the info about the hitler bunker:

The hidden headquarters Bunker complex Wald wiesse (Meadow in the
woods) was
built prior to the German invasion of France, it was occupied only for
a
short time after its completion and was only visited a couple of times
personally by Hitler. The fast invasion and fall of France, to the
Germans made the location of the Headquarters complex of little strategic use
to the High Command and it was abandoned and a new Secret Headquarters complex
was built near Prussia as the German military power geared up for a sweep
east through CZK and Poland. after the Allied forces arrived near
Kaiserslautern they found the complex abandoned and continued their push to the Rhine
leaving the area in control of the French who stripped anything of
value out of the underground complex right down to the ceramic tiles in the
underground swimming pool which can be found on a house front still in
Niedermohr. then they packed the tunnels with explosives and blew it up
to prevent access to the underground rooms and tunnels.

There ya have it :) I didn't know anything about this "other bunker" until recently. Another good place to hunt around :) HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread