✅ SOLVED Small mounted toy soldiers

Hoosier Digger

Jul 12, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these two small figures while detecting a home built in 1940. They are metal (not sure what kind of metal) and about an inch tall and long. I do not know if they were game pieces or part of a collection of toy soldiers. Curious as to what their purpose was (game piece or toy), the general time frame of their manufacture and who produced them. As always, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Green horseman.jpg
    Green horseman.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 62
  • Horsemen with ruler.jpg
    Horsemen with ruler.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • Red horseman.jpg
    Red horseman.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 64

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This is from my experience. 80 years ago they were making metal figures, I remember having metal soldiers with WWI style helmets, then along came WWII and the metal toys turned to plastic almost over night. After the war, metal figures returned, but they were spendy and imported. I remember cowboy and Indian figures, after the war, but they were plastic, don't recall metal ones.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hoosier Digger

Jul 12, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. I searched all kinds of terms and that never came up. The paint on the ones in the eBay listing is a lot thicker than mine and obscures the details, but they are just too similar. I honestly thought they looked like soldiers, but I can see that they are cowboys. Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions