small points mean smaller debitage

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Flinty ones, Greetings from the gulf coast of Texas.
It was so pretty sunday, high pressure, north winds I went down to my trusty "Chief Site" for a look see. As there was a lot of floatsam clogging the tide line of the shell midden, I got down on my knees and started combing thru the more fine, and pulverized shell debris line against the bank. In about four square feet I found three teeny arrow points and about a shot glass of small debitage.
Reminded me of 30 years ago when we would spend hours doing this on our hands and knees, focusing on, and picking up all the small flint flakes. It made the occasional point easier to see when you stumbled upon it. I always had a habit of saving all the small debitage, throwing it in a punch bowl. It's gotten pretty dang big.
Here's sunday's hour long findings. Thanky, Lone Star

Attachments

• small points means small debitage.jpg
    small points means small debitage.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 261
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
I'm not nearly as thorough as I used to be about clearing out the debitage. Mostly because I've run out of places to put it. It's imo a good thing to do, it's much easier to spot the points and you don't have to look at again on a return hunt.

You've got some nice looking materials down your way.

OP
OP
Lone Star

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio and thirty7, That's the thing. I hate to se it twice when i'm on the hunt. Nowdays that means I got to bend down to pick it up, and I can only do that once, if ya know what I mean.

Oh, and here's the punch bowl "in Situ". Which is on the countertop in one of my kitchen displays here at work. For your amusement I got two closeups. Thanks guys. Lone Star

Attachments

• 100_7589.jpg
    100_7589.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_7590.jpg
    100_7590.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_7591.jpg
    100_7591.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 216

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread