Small Silver Score

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
I convinced my mom to let me go to a secondhand store that I like in town today. I dont go too often because its pretty far from my house, but they usually have good stuff. I scored a small sterling silver ring, and a really neat record called "Hail America". It is copyrighted 1954 and 1955, and appears to be complete. It has a box printed on the sleeve that says it was custom pressed by RCA for SCHOOL BROADCASTS. Can anyone tell me something about this record?

Total I paid $15.12 for the ring ($6.99), the record ($3.99), and a book($2.99).

Alex.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alexfm123 said:
Total I paid....the ring ($6.99)
Alex, when you go to thrift stores you need to be aware that most overcharge, especially on gold/silver. You can get some good deals but you need to decide before you buy.

With today's price of silver your ring needs to be at least 12.7grams to break even. I have seen many silver rings weigh in at 7-9grams.

I can send you some info on buying PMs if you send me a private message.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
cyberdan said:
alexfm123 said:
Total I paid....the ring ($6.99)
Alex, when you go to thrift stores you need to be aware that most overcharge, especially on gold/silver. You can get some good deals but you need to decide before you buy.

With today's price of silver your ring needs to be at least 12.7grams to break even. I have seen many silver rings weigh in at 7-9grams.

I can send you some info on buying PMs if you send me a private message.
very true most thrift stores price like there antique/jewlery retail stores

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread