Small statue possibly of a female slave or victorian era Flapper

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Somewhere along the Delaware, Christina, and Brand
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today in a trash pit deep in undeveloped land with land deeds going back to the 1600's
20180606_143615.jpg
20180606_143629.jpg
What does anyone think?

OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, i can see that too because of the lack of an upper womanly body... maybe a slave child? What leads me to believe slave is because of the bare feet and shown legs... it has to be from at least before the 40's because I found liquor bottles in the same location from then and earlier. Did children show legs in dress in that era which would be considered at least as old as Victorian, (I know that the Victorian era ended before the 40's but this obviously was not tossed out brand new). Also the kerchief around the neck. The face could be European but she could also be that of African descent. Puzzling mystery this is.

I cannot wait to see what I'm going to uncover here. This is all on top of the ground. I haven't dug or even detected back there and it's over 500 acres of undeveloped land smack dab in the middle of where this country was first colonized. Washington himself had camped around this location.

I'm new here... so let me say I'm glad to be here... was so excited to get some info I never introduced myself... I have always been a history buff... I just never had the time to research enough for some good finds, but I've always had premonitions about this one place that I grew up around. You better believe that I am here now an I will be finding some cool things. If it gets as big as I think I guess I have to start an entire thread to this project. Since I am new at this, has anyone else find such a good location, and you want to tell the world about it, but you know you just can't? Ughhhh...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Crypticrecon! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes that makes sense too... I went out there grabbing bottles early this morning because I could not sleep after my first general discovery from a 1940-1950 trash pit on the property 2 miles back in water moccasin infested marshland. I'm starting a thread dedicated just to this spot. This is from about an hour of pulling the easy ones outta the ground.

20180607_124405.jpg

Starting the thread now entitled CrypticRecon's Super Secret Honey Hole

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Crypticrecon! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Hey thanks vpnavy... I will definitely share as much info as I can... I understand the importance of this find in general. This an unmolested tract of land over 500 acres in size, smack dab where America was Colonized, and where alot of the Revolutionary war skirmishes occurred. In fact it's not too far from where the first United States Flag was flown in battle.... I will get into as much detail as I can, but as soon as I see a bunch of people coming out to my spot with church shoes on and Binford 2000 metal detectors, I'm gonna flip. I'm 43 years old and have been destined for to find something like this. I'm not about to lose it because I bragged about it online. I've learned over the ears to keep your Intellect over your Emotions and life is so much better. Thanks For Real for coming by this post for sure. Please check out the thread I'm about to start regarding this area.

Upvote 0

Shawn971

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2018
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Removed Link and Loaded Picture

I believe its the Suzanna Statue as well I done some research and if you look on her back the little thing sticking out matches her hair bowtie, her hand position in front matches, her posture and everything. They were made out of Bronze is why its Green now because of the corrosion. (Removed Link and Loaded Picture)
Bronze-Sculpture-Girl-Blowing-Bubbles-After-full-8-720-43.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking maybe part of a lamp base. One of two figurines... The clothing looks early 20th C to me. The size is difficult to judge from your pics, though.

girl holding hand.JPG

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(PS -
[h=2]Victorian Era Flapper[/h]

Victorian Era was 1837 until 1901. Flappers were first mentioned in print in 1908 ad went through the 1920's.

Upvote 0

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking maybe part of a lamp base. One of two figurines... The clothing looks early 20th C to me. The size is difficult to judge from your pics, though.

View attachment 1599660

I just looked up lamps for the last hour ...I got time :laughing7: and saw a lot of them are similar where the cord would go through.

How tall is it?

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't really go by the bare feet. When I was a kid most all of us went barefoot. That was in the 40's/ 50's.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread