Small teller score while picking up boxes at lunch

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up 4 boxes at lunch and asked if they had any halves from customers. She says, "yes I have this bag here (lifts it up, I can hear the silver jingling), it has $59, do you want it?"

"Yes please"

2 Bens
1 1964
5 x 40%

Nothing major but still a nice little score, haven't had much teller success since my 3 solid rolls whenever that was back in Dec 11 or Jan 12....can't recall offhand.

Total of 10 boxes to do tonight so hopefully this is just the "tip of the iceberg" :-)

HH,
Bigheed

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up 4 boxes at lunch and asked if they had any halves from customers. She says, "yes I have this bag here (lifts it up, I can hear the silver jingling), it has $59, do you want it?"

"Yes please"

2 Bens
1 1964
5 x 40%

Nothing major but still a nice little score, haven't had much teller success since my 3 solid rolls whenever that was back in Dec 11 or Jan 12....can't recall offhand.

Total of 10 boxes to do tonight so hopefully this is just the "tip of the iceberg" :-)

HH,
Bigheed

Nice to have scored some silver before even starting your boxes! Hope they turn out well for ya there Bigheed! I'll be waiting for you to post that "Dream Box" later. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish....unfortunately on box #4 I got a lone 1969.......the other 9 were skunks LOL!

But no worries, that is the way it goes sometimes, and sometimes it can be the exact opposite and be great!

HH,
Bigheed

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish....unfortunately on box #4 I got a lone 1969.......the other 9 were skunks LOL!

But no worries, that is the way it goes sometimes, and sometimes it can be the exact opposite and be great!

HH,
Bigheed

Ouch! hope next weeks better. I'm waiting on 2 mystery canvas bags of halves later today(friday the 13th) that I'm getting from a new pick up bank. Maybe dream bags! We'll see. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup same here...I don't worry about it, thats why volume is king as the wise Rich Hartford said!

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score. I've never received a bag of coin from a teller. I would have been stoked to have been handed those coins.

Again, nice score.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread