Small town Life

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Those who grew up in small towns will laugh when they read this.
Those who didn't will be in disbelief and won't understand.

Feel free to add to the list.

1. You can name everyone you graduated with.
2. You know what 4-H means.
3. You used to "Drag" main.
4. You went to parties in a pasture, barn, at the gravel pit or in the middle of a road.
On monday, you could always tell who was at the party because of the scratches on their
legs from running through the woods, when the party was busted.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
5. Your parents knew what you did before you got home.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ha, Sniffer: #4 sounds like a personal encounter!! :D :D ;D

6. "Go outside and play" never had to be said. "Be home before dark" did.

- Noodle

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Noodle, yeah, once or twice

7. You whispered the " F " word and your parents knew before you got home

8. You scheduled parties around the schedules of the police officers that wouldn't bust you for partying

T

The.Boomer

9. you get that late night call from the cheif of police from the village, complaining that mrs. such n such says your son is hanging out with his buddies making noise outside her house. And the cheif tell you to go get your son so he can go back to sleep. :wink: >:( :-\ ::) :P :thumbsup:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Guy In Back said:
Ain't it the truth!!!  :D :D :D :thumbsup:

10.  Your parents let you walk to school and back each day, and never had to worry about whether or not you'd show up at either place.

11.  At precisely 10 o'clock every night the one stoplight in town started to blink orange.

12. Dragging main consisted of driving 20 mph through town, pulling a U-turn at the convenience store at one end of town, then driving back and pulling a U-turn through the rest area at the other end of town.

jeff194307

Greenie
Dec 26, 2005
Monmouth IL
13. If you got caught by the police, they took you to your front door and woke up your parents to tell them wnat happened. ( infanantly worse than being cited or arrested)

S

stefen

Years ago my brother and I were talking with the old man over coffee and he began telling us all of the things we did when we were in out teens...

He knew about our back seat driving ( ;D) at the drive-in, parties, drinking, shooting the bull (literally shot a neighbors bull with a pellet gun...dead on in the sack) and a bunch of other things that we thought we'd pulled off without his knowing...

You didn't dare burp in public without coming home and getting thumped on the head for it.

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
14. If you call the wrong number the person on the other end gives you the right one.

15. No one uses blinkers because we all know where they are going.

16. You can't go jogging for exercise because everyone stops you and asks if you need a ride home.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
17. You could stop at every house on every block on Halloween.

18. The brightest and most crowded spot in town on a Friday night was the high school football stadium.

19. A kid walking around wearing saggy jeans and a hat turned sideways with his shoes untied was thought of as a little slow.

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
20. When a dog barks in town, everybody knows who's dog it is.

21. Your graduating class of 18 was the biggest in 2 decades

22. None of the roads are named or paved except the "one by the school" and "main" which is how they are identified.
23. It is/was not uncommon to have your parents show up or bring you to school in a tractor.

24. The post that had the city limit sign said "you are now entering and leaving" the name of your town.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
25. You could walk into the local corner store, grab a loaf of bread, some milk and tell the owner to put it on your family's tab.
26. You could collect soda bottles, turn em in and buy some candy.
27. Ten cents would get you ten pieces of candy from the above store.
28. Every neighbor talked to every other neighbor.
29. When you had a birthday party the entire town came to it and there wasn't more than 35 people there.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
drywalldave said:
LOL! I had 17 in mine, and 2 of them didn't actually graduate, but they still got to walk the stage....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The list so far:

1. You can name everyone you graduated with.
2. You know what 4-H means.
3. You used to "Drag" main.
4. You went to parties in a pasture, barn, at the gravel pit or in the middle of a road.
On monday, you could always tell who was at the party because of the scratches on their
legs from running through the woods, when the party was busted.
6. "Go outside and play" never had to be said. "Be home before dark" did.
7. You whispered the " F " word and your parents knew before you got home
8. You scheduled parties around the schedules of the police officers that wouldn't bust you for partying
9. You get that late night call from the cheif of police from the village, complaining that mrs. such n such says your son is hanging out with his buddies making noise outside her house. And the cheif tell you to go get your son so he can go back to sleep.
10. Your parents let you walk to school and back each day, and never had to worry about whether or not you'd show up at either place.
11. At precisely 10 o'clock every night the one stoplight in town started to blink orange.
12. Dragging main consisted of driving 20 mph through town, pulling a U-turn at the convenience store at one end of town, then driving back and pulling a U-turn through the rest area at the other end of town.
13. If you got caught by the police, they took you to your front door and woke up your parents to tell them wnat happened. ( infanantly worse than being cited or arrested)
14. If you call the wrong number the person on the other end gives you the right one.
15. No one uses blinkers because we all know where they are going.
16. You can't go jogging for exercise because everyone stops you and asks if you need a ride home.
17. You could stop at every house on every block on Halloween.
18. The brightest and most crowded spot in town on a Friday night was the high school football stadium.
19. A kid walking around wearing saggy jeans and a hat turned sideways with his shoes untied was thought of as a little slow.
20. When a dog barks in town, everybody knows who's dog it is.
22. None of the roads are named or paved except the "one by the school" and "main" which is how they are identified.
23. It is/was not uncommon to have your parents show up or bring you to school in a tractor.
24. The post that had the city limit sign said "you are now entering and leaving" the name of your town.
25. You could walk into the local corner store, grab a loaf of bread, some milk and tell the owner to put it on your family's tab.
26. You could collect soda bottles, turn em in and buy some candy.
27. Ten cents would get you ten pieces of candy from the above store.
28. Every neighbor talked to every other neighbor.
29. When you had a birthday party the entire town came to it and there wasn't more than 35 people there.

A buncha small town folks around here, it seems.....

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Sorry Nick. Cape is a town of about 30,000 with a population swell of over 100,000 during the week day.

But I did grow up in a town called Esther, it was REALLY small.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mastereagle22 said:
Sorry Nick. Cape is a town of about 30,000 with a population swell of over 100,000 during the week day.

But I did grow up in a town called Esther, it was REALLY small.
I grew up in Dimmitt, TX and went to school there until the end of my sophmore year. Population: 5,000.

Then I moved to Olton, TX about 30 miles away for my junior and senior years. Population: 2,000.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nick, I knew that! ::) :wink: ;D

Hey I'm originally from a small town in Illinois. Maybe you heard of it? It's called Chicago and I think it might be slightly larger than St. Louis... ::) :wink: :tard: :tongue3:

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
31. you could never buy cigarettes at the store because everyone knew who you were and would tell your parents.

32. when you did find somebody brave enough to buy cigarettes for you, you still had to go out on the back roads to smoke them.

33. you had a special place in the ditch where your buyer would drop off your beer

34. It was cool to date somebody from the next town

35. the whole school went to the same party after graduation

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread