small town road trip questions

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
my road trips are usually work related. list all the backs along the route i must travel and hit them before i have to be at the appointment. on vacation, i go south one day, north the next spreading as far east and west as i go.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually call some banks ahead, if one has a bunch of halves I'll stop by other banks in the area. sometimes I'll make a bunch of calls first. Doesn't hurt to call first, that way you know it's not complete wasted drive

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
To start with i google banks and a town . I map it out and go . I am trying to go to every bank within an hour and a half from my house. When in the town i may ask questions[depending on how it looks] and take notes. Is there silver?[note, not a question] Is there competition? Do you send them back? Do you ever get any halves? and the most important , do any of the other tellers have any? After hitting the town and reviewing the notes i will then have a good idea how long before i come back again. Keeping track of whether or not there is silver or competition is key. Some banks have regular customers they hold them for-- it will be 6 months before i come back if at all. Some tellers collect silver -- that bank has just become a dump bank. Some banks replenish silver -- im coming back in a month . Some banks send halves back --i leave my number to call but they seem to call only once.

As a veteran CRHer wrote on this forum - banks sitting by themselves in the middle of nowhere seem to do pretty good.

I do mostly bank runs and am still fine tuning my system. Feel free to ask here or pm me for questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread