Small Treasure

kygirl1227

Apr 19, 2015
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's awesome!!! ;) No doubt it makes me wanna get out the MD and take a walk, did you find it in woods or by a tree? How did they hide it I guess is what I'm asking, lol...I heard that couple in California was just taking their dog for a walk out their property and seen a raised can sticking out by a tree when they found all those coins....anyhow Congrats to you!!! ;)

OP
OP
A

AuLobo

May 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were out snooping around a place we'd found interesting stuff before. That image of the lichen-splattered basalt boulder with the two upright slabs leaning next to it was the place where the jar full of Morgans was buried. Those two smaller chunks of rock leaning at a 45 degree angle against the bigger one were nothing nature would have done. I'm always curious about such "monuments" especially in a history-rich environment. Most times there's nothing, but every once-in-a-while . . .

OP
OP
A

AuLobo

May 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No luck. I ran it past the local historical society but nothing showed up in their records.

OP
OP
A

AuLobo

May 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold is still waiting for another time.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That is an awesome find!

OP
OP
A

AuLobo

May 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NaturalJWL, she is a treasure beyond compare.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Be careful in cleaning coins. I recommend cleaning them in warm water, with dish soap. You need to sell them in a coins auction. Check out Coin world, or coin magazines for coin auctions companies. Good luck Go back and find more. Keep in touch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread