Small Victory!

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank today and asked for a box of nickels, but all they could give me was 34$ in cwr due to the vault teller not in. Didn't think I would find much but had great results for such a small amt. Got a WAR NICKEL in the first roll!!! Also managed to get 2 canadians, a 1940 s and a 1941. Overall a great day. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am. Have a good one and HH, Zach.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772174.366665.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772186.981379.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772203.749730.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772218.952025.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772231.735806.jpg

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I save the Canadians as well. I don't know why exactly but I do keep them.

I save Canadian coins because I refuse to put them back into circulation, as I don't want to short anyone else. Eventually we make a road trip to Toronto or elsewhere in Canada, and I use them for a little extra spending money. Same thing with Pesos and Euros, though the Euros tend to accumulate a LONG time before spending...

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only save the pre 82 Canadian nickels because they are 99.9% nickel. I throw the rest back. I live in Michigan so they are very common to find. Hh and have a good day. Zach

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
called Loomis a few months back and advised them of the average 10 Canada nickels per box and told them to add a magnet to catch the crap before they are re-rolled and sent to the next victim. nobody wants them, cashiers and banks will not take them, and please---- no replies of take a trip to Canada--- can't afford to!!!!!!. really sucks when dime and quarter rolls are padded with magnetic useless Canadians. pre- 97 cents are at least worth their weight in copper, have over 15 pounds of these. on the good side I did dig a 1953 80% silver Canada quarter this week, that was a 1st for me.

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also tend to find around 10 canadians a box. At this point in time the U.S dollar is .80$ to the Canadian dollar. I thought about keeping all the Canadian I find just because its worth more, but Its not a huge difference. Awesome metal detecting find, hope you many more finds. HH and have a good day, Zach.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Loomis and the other coin handlers are aware that nonUS coins are being rolled, and that is what the banks want!

If a bank takes in, lets say $100 in rolled coin from a person or business and credits their account, that bank doesn't want to take a hit because some of the coins aren't American. They simply pass on the coins to someone else.

It would be very easy for Loomis/Brinks/Garda to adjust their coin counters to exclude nonUS coins. They don't.

Last edited:

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also tend to find around 10 canadians a box. At this point in time the U.S dollar is .80$ to the Canadian dollar. I thought about keeping all the Canadian I find just because its worth more, but Its not a huge difference. Awesome metal detecting find, hope you many more finds. HH and have a good day, Zach.

:3coins: Nice finds on the nickels for such a small amount to go thru. Have to love those cwr. Bty fyi I just went on a currency conversion site & today (5/30) it was $1 US = $1.2455
Canadian.
HH
Gary

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loomis and the other coin handlers are aware that not US coins are being rolled, and that is what the banks want!

If a bank takes in lets say $100 in rolled coin from a person or business and credits their account, that bank doesn't want to take a hit because some of the coins aren't American. They simply pass on the coins to someone else.

It would be very easy for Loomis/Brinks/Garda to adjust their coin counters to exclude nonUS coins. They don't.
I don't mind finding them because I put them back into the roll. If I were to keep all Canadian I find I would probably have a full box by now lol. Thanks for the information and have a great day. Zach

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:3coins: Nice finds on the nickels for such a small amount to go thru. Have to love those cwr. Bty fyi I just went on a currency conversion site & today (5/30) it was $1 US = $1.2455
Canadian.
HH
Gary

I couldn't believe I got silver in the first roll. I thought for sure I wouldn't find anything. I checked the currency conversion on google, must have changed in the past day. Thanks for the update. HH and have a great day. Zach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread