Small Waterfall...Added a creek shot.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Took these near my parents house this morning.

IMG_2111_1_2_3_fused.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2091_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_2091_edited-1.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_2096_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_2096_edited-1.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 481

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Re: Small Waterfall

Falling water and Maidenhair fern...beautiful!

Where was this at? I'm guessing somewhere on the coast, right?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho

Tuberale said:
Falling water and Maidenhair fern...beautiful!

Where was this at? I'm guessing somewhere on the coast, right?
Thanks Tuberale,

This is about 30 miles east of Cottage Grove, up Bryce Creek,

Ron

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beautiful place, I would like to just 'lie in the creek', with all our hot weather, over 100 every day, 108 expected in a few days.

Fossis...............

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Very nice shots Ron. How long was your shutter open to make the water fluid like that? Also, were you using a tripod and remote release?....NGE

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

Sorry so much baking goin' on.

Oregon has had one of the coolest summers to date, with almost no days above 80 degrees so far. Even still having rainfall. Haven't had to water at all yet, but am keeping my neighbor's hanging baskets watered while they are in CA.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho

notgittinenny said:
Very nice shots Ron. How long was your shutter open to make the water fluid like that? Also, were you using a tripod and remote release?....NGE
I always use a tripod with these kind of pictures. I try to take these when the wind is calm, (for minimum leaf blur) and before sunrise or on a cloudy day so the light is even.

These were taken with the camera in manual mode,(that's all I shoot in). Set the aperture at f/16, ISO 100, which gave me a shutter speed of about 3 or 4 seconds in the low light for correct exposure. Also used the camera's timer for shutter release.

Thanks NGE, and ALL.

Ron

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a rain forest!
Looking at those pics., I can almost hear the water running over the rocks.
Beautiful pictures and quality shots, Ron!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
sandcreek4 said:
That looks like a rain forest!
Looking at those pics., I can almost hear the water running over the rocks.
Beautiful pictures and quality shots, Ron!
Many Thanks sandcreek4,

This is on the west side of the Cascades only about 70 miles from where I live,(as the crow flys) but a totally different climate. Lots of rain and snow produces the lush vegetation. Summer time in these areas is almost Heavenly.

Ron

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Fishenfool said:
Nice, have you panned that for gold?
I did years ago. Did not really work at it, but did find a few flakes in every pan.

This is located in the Bohemia Mining District, and saw some signs in the area marking gold claims.

Thanks FF,

Ron

pastorals

Jul 12, 2011
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I is always a pleasure to see the work of a fellow photographer who is willing to take the time to get it right! Great pics :thumbsup:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
the next time you go up there take 2- 5 gallon buckets drill holes 3/8 of a inch from the bottom up and a flour sifter and a shovel dig and double classify half a 5 gallon bucket and take it home see what you get and gps the sight in case the bucket produces

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I know nothing about classifying dirt, but, what's the extra bucket for? Porta potty? Something to put your head in, when a BIG Bear shows up in camp? You know what I mean " If you can't see the bear, it's not really there?" Heard that one from a 7 year old boy, telling his friend how he escapes the boogyman :laughing7:.....NGE

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent shots, lots of green. I set the time value on my Canon down to about 1/8 and shoot when the lights not that bright, and it smooths the water out. I'm not skilled enough to manually mess with the aperture. Tripod and timer too. Using the timer is a good tip for tripod shots.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
you drill 3/8 inch holes in one bucket to make sifter lets little stuff through and toss all the big stuff. but look for nuggets in the bigstuff b4 u toss it. the other bucket is for the little stuff to go into when it goes through the holes in the first one and flour sifter is to run all the stuff in the 2nd bucket so all you have is dirt and sand and possiably gold. then you take that home and pan it out and find the gold. if you dont know how to pan for gold whatch a video on youtube you will learn how to do it there .and the shovel well that is to shovel everything into bucket one .since there are bears dont wear a bell that dont scare them it tells them chow time and carry a 357 magnum with hollow points or bigger for the bears .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread