chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out today... nothing specail... a few neat pictures... lots of clad $2.58...a couple of wheats... 1944 and a 191?...

Chukers

and can you believe this temperature in February??? I am not rubbing it in for all you snow bound guys... ok yes I am!!! LOL
tempature.JPG

I was taking a picture of the temperature and saw this shot... I said too myself... cool picture! and took it...
Shadow.JPG

This has got to be my smoothest wheat penny I have ever found...
smooth wheat front.JPG

anyone else have a very worn wheat? it takes alot to get to this condition!
smooth wheat.JPG

Upvote 0
I found a 191X (I think it might be 1914?) wheat in change a few years back that was almost completely smooth like that, especially on the reverse.

Rub in the 86 degrees! I just dug out 15 inches of snow from a 20 x 20 area in my yard just so I could see if I could find anything when the ground thaws. Spring is just around the corner and that is when we just start coming out of winter. Good thing there's research.

Generic_Lad said:
I found a 191X (I think it might be 1914?) wheat in change a few years back that was almost completely smooth like that, especially on the reverse.

I think this is a 1911 but not for sure...

mustugio11 said:
Rub in the 86 degrees! I just dug out 15 inches of snow from a 20 x 20 area in my yard just so I could see if I could find anything when the ground thaws. Spring is just around the corner and that is when we just start coming out of winter. Good thing there's research.

Sorry... but I had too... it actually was hot in the direct sunlight today... but you'll get your revenge when it 107 here and only 75 there...

Thanks for the pics. And your hunting buddy seems to like the weather as well lol

I would have to agree that thing is smooth... Makes you wonder how many hands has it touched :dontknow:

It is probably a 1914-D....lol

Oh, I think its a 1911 too for yours but I was just saying that I found a wheatie in circulation that was about as smooth as your dug one

Goes4ever said:
It is probably a 1914-D....lol

That would be my luck...

Chukers

HAhahaha its so hot there that in your 2nd pic it looks like the grass is about to explode.

Ya... I'm snow bound :-\

Nice finds

CanadianTrout said:
HAhahaha its so hot there that in your 2nd pic it looks like the grass is about to explode.

Ya... I'm snow bound :-\

Nice finds

its still dormant from winter... the green is just now starting to come through...

I'm sure we got one more freeze coming soon...

Chukers

No need to show the temperature to rub it in, just seeing no snow on the grass was enough. Our day in New England is coming. It's been a lonnnnnggggg winter, but it has to end eventually, right????

Nice (odd) wheat !!!

Brian in MA

chukers said:
Generic_Lad said:

I see 1911 also, neat shadow hunter pic. HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

Broken knee said:
chukers said:
Generic_Lad said:

I see 1911 also, neat shadow hunter pic. HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

neat name... I might switch my name to Shadow Hunter LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back