boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crows are clever. They actually have found that crows (and ravens) will fashion twigs or leaves into tools and place them somewhere for reuse - which brings them up with us and apes as "intelligent" tool using beings.

They also recognize and remember faces.

Might be worth some suet to make friends. Someday, when you've fallen down a well . . . "Crows - go get help!"
Knew a gent that befriended a crow. He used to leave for work and the crow would show up a few minutes later, and sit on the window to his office until he went home & would follow him home. He got his roof re-shingled and the roofers found 2 3/4 large cigar boxes worth of better finds than I dig!!! He told me he noticed the crow pecking and fussing with the shingles but never put two & two together. The crow had been stuffing shiny treasures under the shingles!

One of my high school buddies had a raven in an aviary in his back yard his dad taught him a couple words, his favorite was HELP. Sounded like a girl calling for help. We used to meet up in the alley behind his house, have a couple smokes then off to school. One morning, a cop goes by and pulls into the alley to see what we're up to. As soon as he gets out of the car the cotton pickin raven starts screaming HELP HELP! You guessed it! We're all proned out in the alley as every cop in town shows up. That danged bird wouldn't do it again, so we had to lay there until they got ahold of his dad to come tell them it wasn't a girl. Never wanted to choke an animal as much as I wanted to choke that raven. So yeah, they're really smart!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread