Sniped right before my eyes.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out running errands and I decide to stop at BoA for some dimes. Hit the merchant teller and notice silver in the stack of halves so I ask to buy them all. She says okay, picks out the silver and sets them aside where i can see them easily then hands over the clad. I handed them back back and said no thanks. She says that she keeps all the silver coins so I asked why it was in her tray and not in her purse. Of course she has no answer to that. 3 1964s left in the bank.

I just found my new dump bank with that maneuver.

Just wanted to vent. Hopefully this does not happen anytime soon to any of you.

Upvote 0

Gooseman

Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
A new dump bank, as someone once said here that is as almost exciting as finding silver.

Jeff

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverJack said:
Out running errands and I decide to stop at BoA for some dimes. Hit the merchant teller and notice silver in the stack of halves so I ask to buy them all. She says okay, picks out the silver and sets them aside where i can see them easily then hands over the clad. I handed them back back and said no thanks. She says that she keeps all the silver coins so I asked why it was in her tray and not in her purse. Of course she has no answer to that. 3 1964s left in the bank.

I just found my new dump bank with that maneuver.

Just wanted to vent. Hopefully this does not happen anytime soon to any of you.

I agree with you SJ, it seems to me that since they are still in her tray those coins belong to the bank and not her and it's her job to provide customer service to customers and do her personal business (CRHing) on her own time.

So far that has not happened to me but if it did I wouldn't be too happy about it either and I would be asking pretty much the same questions about it as you did and I'd be refusing the clad junk also. Maybe she thinks those bills in her drawer belong to her also.

Hopefully she will be the teller that gets all your dumps - she deserves them. :)

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I would be very annoyed at that.
On one hand, hey...they are doing the same thing as us....
but on the other..A)if they want it...they should buy it as soon as they come in work...not once some one asks for it. and B)All the silver should be mine!!! ;D lol just kidding.

I had went to a bank once and asked for all the halves they had, and the lady brought out 11 rolls...but only sold me 10...the one she kept was a customer wrapped roll..
I went back later to buy more..she said she didnt find anything any it...I found 6 40% :icon_thumleft:

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
If she is keeping them for herself why display them? She should put them out of sight, that would piss me off too. Glad you rejected her clad junk, sounds like a dump bank to me

LeoTrench-MAINE

Aug 7, 2011
Americas Maritime Province
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Like AGBlex said, all the tellers between Augusta and Portsmouth cull,

So I tell them, HIDE THE $#IT...no problems.

That is of course if I can SEE the tray as most now keep it hidden.

If I DO see it in the tray -I WILL ask for the bank manager FIRST!!!!

If it is in the tray, open for me to see, It is bank property and I can ask for it -Your shift ain't over yet, babey.

If the teller want's to cull the silver, I tell them to keep it out of sight -that way there is no problem.

If I see it, and I REALLY DO HAVE AN ACCOUNT THERE----Manager first!!

I try not to be a total prick, and do help alot of tellers with their coin collecting habits, but if it's there for me
to see -It's mine!

The Tellers can't buy the stuff until their shift is over -that would be the same as stealing.
Remind them of that....

HH

Trench

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
LeoTrench-MAINE said:
If I DO see it in the tray -I WILL ask for the bank manager FIRST!!!!

If the teller want's to cull the silver, I tell them to keep it out of sight -that way there is no problem.

If I see it, and I REALLY DO HAVE AN ACCOUNT THERE----Manager first!!

Awesome advice! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread