Snorkelers should do well using this

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the Sea-Doo propulsion sled to save energy while swimming for years. They come if many configurations and power output. None are as fast as a torpedo regardless what the manufactures say. Heck it would rip you mask off your ugly face. Ski-Doo.JPG

Snorkelers can use these to not only pull themselves across a beach but to angle the prop wash down to blow the sand away to uncover those thin gold chains that most none Tesoro's can't find.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny you posted this I have that on my Christmas list, I would go for one with less color so not to draw to much attention
I seen this video and thought of several swimming holes that I could use .............since metal detectors are not allow....

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Joe, that's how you do it. When you see a chain get blown across the sand, when you smile, water comes in your mask.....:laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How much do these cost?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy using this seemed to be at a hard pan, but does this work in thick mud? How about light for dark river water or deep water holes, 10-12 feet deep?

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of using it to blow out holes , I seen one that only last 40 minutes continually then takes 4 hours to charge. I know they got some more expensive ones but as for pullin me along down to the next swim line wearing a 40 pound weight belt plus my 215 I wonder how fast ot how long they would last ???

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
During the years working as a scuba instructor and dive guide I owned a number of these Seadoo scooters. They are fun to use just as Sandman says. And I did use them when snorkeling, also for blowing holes in the sand. One started leaking on the seal of the propeller shaft, fried the motor. That seems to be a common problem with the Seadoos and almost impossible to avoid. Cleaning O-ring seals and silicone grease are just as important as with underwater metal detectors and camera housings. Just last month I sold my last 2 scooters to a guy for his kids to play with during their vacation in Croatia. I now started building a more powerful one myself with integrated headlights and a console for compass, depth gauge and maybe sonar.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send a photo when you get it built, Wrecker. I like to have one with pivot head lights, go pro camera and a wide DD coil running below to signal finds when I'm zooming over the sand and mud. Of course, I can't afford one, but it would be nice to see something like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread