snorkle mask

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, I guess, but I need prescription lenses so a small volume twin lens mask with diopter grinds and seperate snorkel work for me. Less air needed to clear the snorkel on re-surfacing after diving, as well.

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you equalize with that thing? Not everyone is capable of clearing pressure without pinching your nose. I can, but my wife cant. Or... is this for snorkeling only - not diving?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems to be snorkeling only as it covers the mouth.

But still - my most frequented lake has an average depth of 182 feet (435 ft max). I snorkel to 30 ft frequently to check or clear anchors. Have to slide my lower jaw forward and "pop" my ears frequently when snorkeling there. The damn zebra muscles are a pain but, boy, have they cleared the waters in the Finger Lakes. But now the weeds choke everything less than 15 feet or so. Always something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread