Snow pile score/return

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a lap around the parking lot at work this morning. Had a few warm ish days a descent amount of melt worth a shot. Ended up picking up a woman's wallet really small just big enough to hold some cash and credit cards. I actually thought it was a cell phone until I picked it up long story short Google map her address 7 minutes from work so I bought it to her. Sorry no pictures didn't think about it until just now and thought I would share. The ground might be frozen but you can still treasure. My only other snow bank finds have been a dollar or two

Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the return! :icon_thumleft:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos on return.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the return. When in a parking lot, I always walk the edges of the snow where the plows have pushed it. I have managed to find a few rings this way over the years. Just a form of Winter Treasure Hunting for me !

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the return, I nominate for honorable mention.

OP
OP
Mintberrycrunch

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the return. When in a parking lot, I always walk the edges of the snow where the plows have pushed it. I have managed to find a few rings this way over the years. Just a form of Winter Treasure Hunting for me !
I was hoping for some jewelry or a little folding money you know something I could keep jk it felt good to get it back to her. Plus lots of snow left to melt my ring could still be waiting.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been dying to hunt the ski slopes and the parking lots. Hopefully this spring I will get a chance. Last year in Aspen I was detecting at a lift and one of the workers said he lost his very valuable ring. The ground was like cement. Hopefully some day I will get back there.

OP
OP
Mintberrycrunch

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been dying to hunt the ski slopes and the parking lots. Hopefully this spring I will get a chance. Last year in Aspen I was detecting at a lift and one of the workers said he lost his very valuable ring. The ground was like cement. Hopefully some day I will get back there.
A friend of mine was working at a ski resort. I guess u could call it that just a small operation like 2 lifts he said he could get me out there in the summer. As far as trying to dig anything in the winter that's a no go. I've broken a few shovels chasing thawed ground in early spring

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice on the find and return. Ski slopes in Michigan?? LOL small hills compared to the mountains. However I bet some great finds are to be discovered.

OP
OP
Mintberrycrunch

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice on the find and return. Ski slopes in Michigan?? LOL small hills compared to the mountains. However I bet some great finds are to be discovered.

Yeah nothing compared to other parts of the country. But they draw a crowd lots of gloves going on and off has to be a good spot to find a few rings.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 GOOD DEED.jpg

Top Member Reactions