snow piles

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt the edge of parking lots by eye when I walk the dog. All the trash gets blown by the wind there. I found a dollar bill at the post office last week against a fence with other litter the wind blew there. I found paper money a few times on the edges of the parking lot of The PA. Turnpike Rest Areas.

OP
OP
G

greenleafbay

Jan 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt the edge of parking lots by eye when I walk the dog. All the trash gets blown by the wind there. I found a dollar bill at the post office last week against a fence with other litter the wind blew there. I found paper money a few times on the edges of the parking lot of The PA. Turnpike Rest Areas.
good idea DFX Dave

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have. Sometimes the piles are pushed or placed just off the edge of a lot so then when they melt the contents are left in the dirt, or grass. I ran my detector around a parking lot like this not long ago and found some clad coins and a live .38 special cartridge. I did not find any rings or jewelry. Downside to this was all the trash that also accumulated there! Given the opportunity, I suspect I will look around, in, and under snow piles again! Happy huntin' !

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt snow piles and parking lots if I can't play in the dirt. get mostly clad, car parts, keys, trash, junk jewelry, etc.
I did find a twenty dollar bill once, with the snow blower, and it didn't shred it! That was the one and only time I got "paid" to remove snow! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread