fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the same problem here. Only difference is our ground isnt frozen. yet. Got 2 inches last night and its snowing right now. Looks like its over for the year for me too.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Expecting some "maybe" snow on Monday, but the news stations are going crazy showing old video of 10 inches of snow and saying is this what we will see on Monday. Tell ya news stations only make them selves look dumb.

kookoox10

Greenie
Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Northern California the ground is nice and soft from all the rain we have had. Should make for some easy digging for the next week or so.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the middle of a cold front here, the temps down to 62 and falling to below 50 tonight. Guess I'll get my long johns out.

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well here in Pagosa Springs we just got a skiff of snow. It got down to -4 this morning. I think winter is finally here. The wood stove is going strong and we have plenty of wood. Now to just set back, relax and beging research for spring. WOW, that's a long way off!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1O inches here in Minnesota yesterday, so time to take the batteries out of the detector. If its an early spring, ground will start thawing in April. Just have to read TNet and dream til then.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for winter hitting er'body so soon, We get a few weeks of really cool weather here in N.Georgia (teens or twenties). But most times we just dig right through it.....I realize that doesn't help ya'll............Happy researching.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snow insulates the ground

That's only if the grounds not frozen to begin with :tongue3:

You see snow works somewhat like a thermos, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold :thumbsup:

I just want to know, how does it know :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14+ inches the other day. Got family a few hundred mile south of here. Thats how I'm gettin my fix!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We only got about 6 to 12 inches here in Summit County, CO. It was down to 13 below the other night. More snow in the forecast, but we're way behind normal. I went out on the lake bed last week and could only dig about 2 inches, so that's over for awhile. Hope every body gets up here for Christmas vacation and hope we get more snow before that. The ski resorts won't tell you this, but limited terrain open = more accidents and injuries. But it's your money, and they'll take it!

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
60° here in Louisiana this morning. Supposed to have the first real cold front coming through the area today, tonight will get down to 33° or so...bbrrrrr. :laughing7:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time to hit the local history section in your library, get some new spots lined up for spring.

School lists, fair grounds, tent revivals, old parks.....old county atlases etc.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
It's supposed to be snowing here soon in Pennsylvania. The ground isn't frozen yet but it's very soggy and muddy.
I just found out a week ago from a landowner who lets me detect 2 cellar holes on his property that the whole area will be leveled for a business' huge parking lot! :censored:!! I was hoping to soon detect the heck out of the place but the weather is not cooperating.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, the white stuff can't stop me.

image-1073216487.jpg

image-1465085962.jpg

Broke 2 mini shovels but I got a few silvers, that's from Jan 2012.

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like its time to head south (Georgia) or west(California) for the winter, will they welcome the "detectorbirds" ? Kinda like snowbirds but we bring our shovels to dig. Wishful thinkin, I am here in Indiana, might get a few more digs in yet if I can brave the cold. Happy holidays to all and for the ones in the warmer climates please keep posting so we can get our fix of mding going on even if we cant join you again till spring. Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread