So adorable!

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have always loved Desert Horned Lizards, aka Horny Toads. This is the second one I've caught this year, although I've seen quite a few. They were both released unharmed,to desert to go eat as many ants as possible. I just love checking them out. Lol IMG_20170513_154641.jpg IMG_20170513_154635.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy that takes me back. We used to have a ton of them down around Escondido. Really cool looking!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There where horned lizards found in the dry arid bluffs outside my town when I first moved here, but it's been years since I've seen any. To much development has most likely reduced their space and they got all ate up by predators in what little space they had left. :'(

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the first one I caught. Very beautiful patterns and coloring. An early, two week long, heat wave (from 60 or so to 90 in days) woke many animals from hibernation just in time for temps to cool way back down. This left lots of reptiles lethargic and confused. This guy woke up in my hand after warming up, but quickly fell back to sleep once I set him on the ground. So cute. IMG_20170220_082658.jpg IMG_20170220_085822.jpg IMG_20170220_085900.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger they used to be everywhere. I haven't seen one in years.

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger they used to be everywhere. I haven't seen one in years.

I was born in Ft. Worth, but grew up in Ca. As a kid though, my family would drive out to visit family every couple of years, and my cousins, brother, and I would pick up anything that moved, including horny toads. This was where I caught my very first venomous snake, a cottonmouth. I had no idea what kind it was and grabbed it by the tail. You should have seen the look on my uncle's face as he slapped it out of my hand! Lol. We also used to catch armadillos. Do you ever run across them?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born in Ft. Worth, but grew up in Ca. As a kid though, my family would drive out to visit family every couple of years, and my cousins, brother, and I would pick up anything that moved, including horny toads. This was where I caught my very first venomous snake, a cottonmouth. I had no idea what kind it was and grabbed it by the tail. You should have seen the look on my uncle's face as he slapped it out of my hand! Lol. We also used to catch armadillos. Do you ever run across them?

I live in Ft. Worth, and yes there are still armadillos around. Plenty of them but sadly most of the ones you see have been smooshed by cars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread