Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally took some of my finds out of the shoe boxs. And put them in a display cabinet. Now I can see them all the time. Its a work in progress.
Still have alot more to put out, and im running out of room. Lol.
Would love to see your displays so we could get some ideas.
George

That's all looks very very nice. I wish I had the time to do something like that with some of my stuff. Most everything good I find just gets put away in sealed containers. The only plus side is all of the stuff keeps building up. So if I ever get to display it then I will get to surprise myself all over again with what I forgot I had. Probably way more stuff then I realize! [emoji2]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's all looks very very nice. I wish I had the time to do something like that with some of my stuff. Most everything good I find just gets put away in sealed containers. The only plus side is all of the stuff keeps building up. So if I ever get to display it then I will get to surprise myself all over again with what I forgot I had. Probably way more stuff then I realize! [emoji2]

That's what I was doing with my military buttons way back, but what else can you do when you first start and don't have many. But I kept going it, just wrapping them in tissue paper and keeping them in a little metal box. Then finally I bought a nice wood display case with the button cups and had enough to fill it... and quite a difference seeing them all at once and looking good. A former hunting buddy seen them and was blown away..... and motivated to dig to find enough to fill his own case. These days I have a couple of nice black metal ones, but my wood one will always be my 'good case' where all the best buttons go.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was doing with my military buttons way back, but what else can you do when you first start and don't have many. But I kept going it, just wrapping them in tissue paper and keeping them in a little metal box. Then finally I bought a nice wood display case with the button cups and had enough to fill it... and quite a difference seeing them all at once and looking good. A former hunting buddy seen them and was blown away..... and motivated to dig to find enough to fill his own case. These days I have a couple of nice black metal ones, but my wood one will always be my 'good case' where all the best buttons go.

Thats what I did. Just keeped putting everything in a shoe box. When I just pulled everything out I was pretty blown away, at how many holes I've dug in the last 2 years. That doesn't include trash and the stuff I've given to homeowners and historical society. .
The button case is my favorite display. Sure wish there were a few Rev war buttons in there like yours..
Oh wait, I do have a few. Does reenactment ones count???? Lol

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I did. Just keeped putting everything in a shoe box. When I just pulled everything out I was pretty blown away, at how many holes I've dug in the last 2 years. That doesn't include trash and the stuff I've given to homeowners and historical society. .
The button case is my favorite display. Sure wish there were a few Rev war buttons in there like yours..
Oh wait, I do have a few. Does reenactment ones count???? Lol

I wish I had some military buckles and plates in mine. :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job buddy. That onion bottle looks awesome in there. I love those. Might have to buy a couple. I really like that case that Nortronics posted. It'd be awesome to have a couple like yours and one or two like that. Unfortunately I don't have nearly the stuff you do. I guess one case of shoe buckles will look pretty dumb lol. But you have motivated me a bit

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job buddy. That onion bottle looks awesome in there. I love those. Might have to buy a couple. I really like that case that Nortronics posted. It'd be awesome to have a couple like yours and one or two like that. Unfortunately I don't have nearly the stuff you do. I guess one case of shoe buckles will look pretty dumb lol. But you have motivated me a bit

Please remember to budget $1 less for your shoe buckle case. :happysmiley:

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOw. I was expecting... well. Not this. This is great! Well done! I particularly like the showcase top with the layer of finds on the bottom. Definitely well done with regard to eye appeal! you should consider donating briefly to a local library to showcase in one of their cases (usually they have stuff like that at the entrance). It would help give back to the community, if you're into that sort of thing. They usually let folks display for a month or two, and regularly rotate!

Thanks Skippy,
Its still a work on progress.
I actually belong to a couple Historical societys. I put on some displays there. The library is a good idea. Thanks.
George

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed OutdoorAdv mentioned you posted a finds cabinet, I had to check it out. That's looks real good George (and it doesn't hurt to have KILLER finds to fill it lol). Those US military items really display well! Yep, it's time to start building.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread