So after doing a lot of research I have one question for you guys :)

Cyanide

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2009
I decided to go with the ace 250 because of the good reviews. My only question is this, would it be better to get the ace 250 with the sports package or a package that involves the sniper coil? From what i've read people swear up and down by the sniper coil and insist that the first add on to buy is the sniper coil. I'm looking to spend roughly 300 dollars which would either get me the ace250 + sports package or the ace 250 with a sniper coil package. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I would go with the sniper coil.

hodge

Mar 9, 2009
Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I bought the Ace 250 sport package. I do use the 9x12 coil from time to time but prefer the smaller (6x9) coil. My understanding is that I get extra depth with the bigger coil, but to be honest I don't think I gain too much by having the bigger coil fitted. Most of my finds have been made with the smaller coil. If I was to give advice then it would be get the standard coil ace250, with the sniper as an extra.
Good luck.... with whatever set up you decide to go for. :wav:
Hodge

OP
OP
C

Cyanide

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2009
I appreciate the advice and you guys have confirmed my beliefs. I'm going to get the package with the sniper coil. Thanks a ton guys.

riverite

Sep 15, 2008
campbell river bc
Detector(s) used
ace250 with sniper coil
Good choice :thumbsup: ,the sniper is great to start out , with pin pointing so easy , stops the frustration you will have learning the standard coil . There are some good videos on u-tube ,on pinpointing with the 250 , first go with the sniper to get used too the machine then go to the standard coil , good hunting

OP
OP
C

Cyanide

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2009
One more quick question, is it worth getting the Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer for $20 special with the purchase or no? I've never used a pinpointer and wondering if its worth it...

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
Honestly I have all three coils and I rarely use the huge one. It just wears you out quicker. The normal 6x9 i can use all day and night and start over the next day. The big coil my shoulder wears out in 45 min to a hour.

Sniper coils are great but dont depend on them all the time. The majority of my silver has been after i cleaned trash withmy sniper.

LT

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regarding the pinpointer.The best gadget I ever bought I don't know how I ever go along without one. Go for it.

pencil5757

Apr 29, 2006
Jasper Texas
Detector(s) used
-Garrett AT-PRO, Ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one with the sniper!!

I have all three also and hardly use the big one! I found a 1889 Indianhead at 5" last week with the sniper. And I wouldn't be without some kind of pinpointer the small targets and coins on edge will drive you crazy without one

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the big coil 9 x 12 did not give any real extra depth just a wider overall coverage area , in my veiw -- however the sniper coil was much better at allowing you to sort thru junk areas without picking up other nearby junk items -- thus allowing you to to sift thru bad areas much better than the standard coil will --- plus you can get lots closer to metal poles ect with a sniper coil that the reg or big coil can, --
so sniper coil no doubt , about it. in my view.

OP
OP
C

Cyanide

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2009
I really appreciate all the info you guys have given me and within the next month I'll have saved up enough "spending" money to make the purchase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread