Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend I did some research on the computer and plotted my next detecting site at another park. The following pics represent a 2 hr hunt on day 1, followed by a 5 hr hunt the next day.

Then first days hunted yielded a coin spill (pic 2) about 1.60 in change with a littering of other coins from the basketball court. I think I also found the lipstick compact and the other small token that day.

On the following day I checked the entire walk way around the park. That's when I found the larger token. Probably my best relic/token to date. It was about 6 inches down(solid 12 45 on the CTX) buried under some roots.

After I cut the roots out of the way the coin flipped out of the hole. I really wasn't sure what I found until I sprayed the coin with some water. Added the sprayer to my detecting bag,(don't want to rub the coin). A 1934 V 8

Ford coin? Hmm, well that is interesting. I did a google search and found the following info... This token is from the CENTURY OF PROGRESS EXPOSITION 1933-1934 CHICAGO, IL. The exposition was from May 27 to Nov. 12,

1933 and 1934. There were a variety of different dollars and medals from the event. This relic/token happened to be a Ford Dollar(Bronze) from the event. I think Ford came out the the V8 engine in 1932. Here is a link to the

website Century of Progress Granted the Ford dollar came out of the ground looking very dark and brown ie (small token). I soaked the token in

warm soapy water for a few days and it cleaned up great. :icon_thumright: Thanks for looking.

Park 8 2016.jpg

Park 1 8 2016.jpg

Clean 1.jpg

Clean 2.jpg

Upvote 16

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Ford coin rocks! Anyone with a 1934 hot rod would love that hanging on the key chain! Sub 8-)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive hunt! :occasion14:

The Ford token is really cool!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUDE I WANT THAT FORD TOKEN !!!!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That token is real treasure. :thumbsup: Awesome find, it really cleaned up good. I just added another item to my bucket list.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FORD TOKEN ...

OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my time before I tried to clean the token. A little patience paid off. Thanks for the comments and thanks for looking. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread