SO CLOSE! But no cigar...

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
I was at Stop and Shop tonight to buy food for a ski trip I'm going on. I bought the wrong soup so I went to customer service to exchange it and no one was there, so I wandered off to check the reject bin in the coinstar machine. From a distance I spotted a dime! I got pretty damn excited seeing I've never found anything in the before. I pick it up and it's 1974... lol MY LUCK! :D :D

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey you still heading to Maine? If you are the state will be wide open as I'm heading west to Vermont today! Hope to hit a few banks on the way but more of a vacation with the wife and kid! ;D Good luck if you do some CRH on the way.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
DAS7NY

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Jim! I was in Maine but all the banks were closed due to the New Years Holiday! :( :( :( BUT I was able to stop in Greenwich, CT on the way up... Picked up $40 in halves and got skunked. It was WAY to much of a metropolitan area! WORSE than Long Island! I guess I left you the silver in Maine! lol. Hope ya had a fun time in Vermont! I was skiing at Sunday River. Have a Happy New Year! :thumbsup:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Sounds like a good trip, Sunday River is a nice area. I ended up in the Loon Mountain area of New Hampshire. Picked up $200 in hand rolls. Got one 40%. That was the only searching I did for the week.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread