So close!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, This was a disappointing day off hunting. The un-searched house I wanted to hunt did not work out, next time. I did search the church a little and found nothing. Then went over to the Old School, I found a nail at first then some more trash. In-front of the school I found what looks like a basal 1700's coin. I think it is bronze and is about the size of a quarter not identifiable at all. Went to the Ball Field and found nothing at first on my way out found a 1965 dime, so close. Then near the parking lot found like 5 dimes (three of them, 1967 so close) and like 14 pennies in one hole, one 1959!

If you think you know what the bronze thing is do tell!!

Here is the pictures,

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 325
  • Church&School 003.jpg
    Church&School 003.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 361
  • Church&School 006.jpg
    Church&School 006.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 360
  • Church&School 005.jpg
    Church&School 005.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MUD, that coin looks very old, possibly a hammered coin as it looks to be dish shaped, a typical characteristic of an old hammered coin! I look again later. HH and nice find if it's what we think it is, Mike

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Mud, not trying to pop your bubble, but I think that it may be an overalls button that has been partly burned in a fire. I have found a lot of places where they would burn the old clothes with the button on and the burned buttons look just like what you found. Then again it could be a hammered coin worth a fortune. Since we probably will never know, you can make it anything that you want it to be. Sorry your day did not go well, I am sure that it will be better next time....take care...Lance

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy the partly burned overalls button, but it was found in-front of the property. (Not an Ideal spot for fires) It's an old school building I found the thing kiddy corner from the mailbox only about 2" deep. Next to an older tree, no fires would have been there... I don't think.

Keep @ it and HH!!

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Those are some funny looking quarters in that picture ;D

I think the mint made extra coins in 1965 knowing people would start hoarding the older silver ones. >:(

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Good haul MUD...I believe your takes are getting bigger.....H.H.....JO

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
Mud, Sounds like you are knocking on the door of that silver dude, keep putting the pressure on.....By the way, what kind of equipment are you using..........Nascarfan

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy someone got the quarter joke, bmanofnbc! Happy I got out and did not get skunked, surfrat96! Thanks Dave and Bobbie happy to get out! I am trying to evoke the silver dude,lol nascarfan!! I think I am mostly the bug, rtde3!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread