so dose anyone have Beach Hunter ID 300 ?

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love mine. I bought it from Kellyco five or six years ago. (BHID...before the 300 model). Its been a good unit....I give it a good showering every time I leave the beach to get the salt off.

But I am not the best one to give advice as this is the only detector I have ever owned. I hear White's stands behind their products with good service. Mine has never been sent in for repairs but I have emailed questions to them and they responded the same day.

1surfer

Oct 17, 2010
coin finder said:
I like to know if anyone has the Beach Hunter ID 300, and what do you think about it ? is it as good as they say ? :hello:
Just purchased a White's Beach Hunter 300. Went down to the beach this morning, beautiful day with flat water. Turned the unit on, followed the instructions as per the manual and the results were less than favorable.
#1. unit would not ground balance.
#2. With the ground balance set to mid-range, Sensitivity to "P" and Threshold set as per instructions, I had all three lights going off at once, in the DISC. mode. The hum in the headset with all the tones going on at the same time, (just about), my beach hunting was over for today. This unit produced no usable results in beach hunting.

If there are any users of this unit, what am I missing.

Napa Steve

Aug 19, 2009
Napa california
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 6x10dd DX1 Prizm III
1surfer said:
coin finder said:
I like to know if anyone has the Beach Hunter ID 300, and what do you think about it ? is it as good as they say ? :hello:
Just purchased a White's Beach Hunter 300. Went down to the beach this morning, beautiful day with flat water. Turned the unit on, followed the instructions as per the manual and the results were less than favorable.
#1. unit would not ground balance.
#2. With the ground balance set to mid-range, Sensitivity to "P" and Threshold set as per instructions, I had all three lights going off at once, in the DISC. mode. The hum in the headset with all the tones going on at the same time, (just about), my beach hunting was over for today. This unit produced no usable results in beach hunting.

If there are any users of this unit, what am I missing.
Did you ground balance the unit in the all metal mode? try turning down the sensitivity and balance the unit in all metal mode.

1surfer

Oct 17, 2010
Had the same problem, right out of the box. Shorted coil. Sent out for repair, works great at the Jersey Shore. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread