So ... How Much Will Your Policy Cost Under The Affordable Healthcare Act?

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad,

My wife works for the American Red Cross, and even though she only works 32 hours / week, they provide insurance, and I'm self-employed. For the two of us we pay now..867 $ per month. Vt. has said that anyone eligible for insurance under a spouse, can not secure his own policy, Thank you Howard Dean.....

Under the new system, we would pay 1200+ per month for comparible insurance. As it stands, since we already have a policy, ww don't need to change..but I have yet to see what our carrier CIGNA will do on !/1/14.....It's seriously making me consider going w/o .

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chad,

My wife works for the American Red Cross, and even though she only works 32 hours / week, they provide insurance, and I'm self-employed. For the two of us we pay now..867 $ per month. Vt. has said that anyone eligible for insurance under a spouse, can not secure his own policy, Thank you Howard Dean.....

Under the new system, we would pay 1200+ per month for comparible insurance. As it stands, since we already have a policy, ww don't need to change..but I have yet to see what our carrier CIGNA will do on !/1/14.....It's seriously making me consider going w/o .

I have insurance today, but according to my employer he may have to both drop insurance and hire someone else as I will likely have to go to part time or find another job.

Than you O-Blame-0!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions