So I Asked for Permission to Hunt Artifacts in his Fields...

Hutch in PA

Nov 18, 2010
Western PA
And he said sure! You should find a bunch out there. Nobody has looked since my grandpa used to pick them up. Want to see some of what he found? Come on in! Mind you, all of the good stuff has been picked through by my brother and sister. Is any of this stuff good?

Ummmm...well, yes!

I am so pumped to check this place out! I know this would be average stuff for a lot of places, but here in PA it is a gold mine! I hope to be posting some great finds in the next month or two.

Attachments

• JT Points 3-25-11.png
    JT Points 3-25-11.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 641
  • JT Points 2 3-25-11.png
    JT Points 2 3-25-11.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 649
  • JT Points 3 3-25-11.png
    JT Points 3 3-25-11.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 649
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hutch in PA

Hutch in PA

Nov 18, 2010
Western PA
Not much point in walking it quite yet...can barely see the dirt. Corn stalks are covering every square inch. You can bet I'll be driving past on a daily basis.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
if that field was mine to hunt i would at least be in it for one hunt in what i though was best looking spot, plows will cover up points on top of ground not to be seen again until plowed again.. if they use a bush and bog what some call a big disk they will not only cover but most likely break several of the points on top! Hutch! you may be a farmer and know all this, but i do not know you, so i had to chime in with what i knew would or could happend.. wish i did have place with as good a chance of finding good artifacts!!!! Terry

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
id still walk it if you have the chance you never know when a bare spot in a field will show up. and there maybe runoffs somewhere in that field that will definitely be leveled off when the implements start running over the ground. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Hutch in PA

Hutch in PA

Nov 18, 2010
Western PA
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm pretty accustomed to hunting unplowed fields and agree it can be extremely productive. The frost makes things appear that weren't there last fall!

I will get in there as soon as I can. I stopped by his farm at the end of the day after having good success a few miles away. Checking out his points turned into checking out his beer supply, and well...let's just say I was out of light by the time we were done. Talk about hospitality! I went back in the next day and I can truly say that searching until it is disked is hopeless. It's on a high ridge and the corn was 'mowed' at knee height last year. Not sure what the farmer's term is for that. Everything between the rows was choked with weeds. It's only a matter of time. Plus, I want my 15 and 12 year old to be there. Nothing would bring me more pleasure.

Happy hunting.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
that all i needed was to get you to walk it one time though that you had just driven by. [15 and 12 ] sounds like real good reasons to wait till prime!! Good hunting when you [3] get to go.. Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread