So I grumbled all the way to the bank.... but wait - theres more!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
So I grumbled all the way to the bank.... but wait - there's more!

OK guys (and ladies), I went on a short hunt today and came up empty handed. I only dug four holes though, because the ground was so dry and I didn't want to do any damage. After about an hour, I decided to stop at the produce/grocery store on the way home to pick up a few things, including the ingredients for steak fajitas and margaritas. :D

All was going well until I got out to the car and looked at my reciept. Then I saw it - a first for me - the horror of it all - the dreaded, unsolicited, Senior Discount! :-[ :( ??? :'( :icon_scratch: :crybaby2:

Senior.jpg

Now I know I tease Mrs. KD that next year I can sell her car because she'll qualify for the township's free senior bus... ;D ...but this is outrageous! :cussing:

If 70 is the new 50, and 80 is the new 60, in my low 50's, shouldn't I be in my new 30's? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Other than that, life is good - what little there is left of it!!!

I guess I'll go take my nap now...

HH! :wink:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: So I grumbled all the way to the bank....

Yep. . . it's time for the plaid shorts, black knee-socks and the tan shoes with velcro closures 8)
(I'll be getting mine out of the closet next year :help:)

Anyway. . . lets forget the inevitable and go do some huntin' tomorrow :thumbsup:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kimsdad said:
OK guys (and ladies), I went on a short hunt today and came up empty handed. I only dug four holes though, because the ground was so dry and I didn't want to do any damage. After about an hour, I decided to stop at the produce/grocery store on the way home to pick up a few things, including the ingredients for steak fajitas and margaritas. :D

All was going well until I got out to the car and looked at my reciept. Then I saw it - a first for me - the horror of it all - the dreaded, unsolicited, Senior Discount! :-[ :( ??? :'( :icon_scratch: :crybaby2:

Now I know I tease Mrs. KD that next year I can sell her car because she'll qualify for the township's free senior bus... ;D ...but this is outrageous! :cussing:

If 70 is the new 50, and 80 is the new 60, in my low 50's, shouldn't I be in my new 30's? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Other than that, life is good - what little there is left of it!!!

I guess I'll go take my nap now...

HH! :wink:
Congrats.Hey Every little bit helps.....I'll take it....LOL

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

Wow, you get 10% off just for being you. You must feel VERY SPECIAL!

Just think how long it would take to dig up $5 in clad! All damn day hunting and you might not get $5.

Now if only I could figure out how to get that discount NOW, and stick it into my 401K.

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Because of my white hair color, people automatically think I'm older than I am.
I have occasionally received "senior" discounts without asking, and even free beverages at one of the local fast food places. And yet, my grocery store insists on asking my date of birth every time I buy some beer.

Every time I receive one of those dreaded AARP envelopes in the mail I tear it to shreds and toss it out.
I have no intention of being retired or of getting old. It is peculiar though how many photos in that magazine called Reminisce look just like things I had when I was younger...

Now where did I put my spud gun... ?

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boy will I feel young when were out hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Take solacement in the notion that you're just a toddler in md'ing years, Neil.

Mayo, it's obvious to anyone who meets you that you're still a major stud muffin. Shana wants to know where you hang out with the other kids. I told her I was one of the other kids too and she just laughed and said, "Yeah, right Pops".

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75

My wife keeps putting AARP ID cards on the computer desk for me to put in my wallet....there's quite a stack of 'em there now because it just doesn't seem right just yet.

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Tim if Shana wanted to know where I hang out with all the other kids, I think it was probably so she could remember to stay away from that place! She seemed too well behaved and mature beyond her age. I mean, unlike most people her age, she actually knows how to act in public and be sociable without being rude or obnoxious - so bring her along on more hunts!

I'm confident if I brought either of my stepkids along on a hunt, I would have to leave within an hour.
There's a constant whine that would drone out the detector and make it impossible to hunt.
I'm bored... ok then dig a hole right here... it's hot out... enjoy the outdoors! I'm not finding anything... this is called learning patience... oh wow - you just spent 10 minutes to dig up a penny... it's not so much about WHAT you find as it is about the anticipation of finding something, and the history behind it.

Anyways not to hijack this thread - back to the topic.
I'm working on this invention so that we can still get out there with you young whippersnappers. I just need to figure out where to put the control box for the robotic digger...

Attachments

• WalkerDetectUSRanger.jpg
    WalkerDetectUSRanger.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 184

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

including the ingredients for steak fajitas and margaritas.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I subscribed to AARP two years ago,and let my subscription lapse last year {I never used any of the Benefits anyway}......They have sent me a reminder every 2 weeks since........
I Don't have Alzihmers &%#@*(&* !!! ..... Or .... what ever it is called ( I forgot how to spell it !!!) I started out with Nothing,,,,,I STILL have Most of it ,,and I am never going to give it up.....Or Errr ahh

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used

Mayo South Elgin said:
I'm working on this invention so that we can still get out there with you young whippersnappers. I just need to figure out where to put the control box for the robotic digger...

Great idea Mayo!!!

How about this one - the ProtectUS Ranger...

Protectus Ranger.jpg

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oh yeah Neil I like that - perfect for some of the Chicago area parks.
When the winos, homeless, gangbangers, etc ask what it is, just tell em it's a microphone.
Then shove it in their face and ask if they have any last words!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:violent1:

Attachments

• Senior 1.jpg
    Senior 1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 147

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

LOL! Neil, that is hilarious!

Don't feel bad, you don't look a day over 67 (how old are you again??) JK JK JK JK!!!! :D

Easy for me to say, I'm probably the youngest sumbich in here.

(There goes any chances of me being invited to any potential hot spot hunts in the future.) :violent1:

Joe

Silvergurl

Jul 10, 2009
The Shire (near O'hare)

:laughing9: hehe on the replies every one.

:o :o :laughing7: Oh no Neil!!! Too cute. Hey . . . it's true though, every bit helps and we'll all get somethin' like that happenin' eventually.

Joe! lol Yes you are the baby here. :P Unfortunately, I'm so short, I'll look 12 forever. :-\

Oooh Margaritas . . .

Olderactor

Oct 28, 2008
Old Irving Park Chicago, IL
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excalibur ll, E-trac, Explorer 2 xpdeus, minelab 3030

Wait till you go to McDonalds and get the Senior coffee for 49 cents including refills!!
It's great being old!! Where do you shop that they give you a senior discount?? A food pantry!!!! :)

jim

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used

Thanks all! :wink:

and to add insult to injury, there's more:

Seems I threw my back out twisting the wrong way and then stacking firewood a few days ago. I went to the Chiropractor for a round of electro-therapy and stopped off to visit my mom afterward.

My 87 year old mother saw how I much trouble I was having and how much pain I was in and offered me her walker that she had after her hip surgery and doesn't need anymore! AAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :-\ :-\ :-\ :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread