So I went to the bank today...

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
and dumped $140.00 into the new sorter. Man, that thing is noisy! I took the reciept to the teller, and saw that she had some loose halves. I said I would take them all, but she had $10.50, so I left one Bicent. She said if there is any silver, she keeps them. Bummer. I got the other $130 in quarters. I checked all the quarters- nothing. With the halves I figured I might at least get a '74 DD, or one I don't have yet. I did! In 20 coins, there was a 1966 and a 1964, my first 90%! Nice!
I checked a Coinstar that I've never checked, because it is 15 miles away, but I was going that way for work. I found a Canadian nickel and 3 US nickels, all newer than 1990. Odd. No damage, or gunk that would make the machine reject them.
All in all, a good day!

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a small local bank? I've been calling around,looking for a bank that has a coin sorter.Still no luck.I have about a thousand in change I need to turn in bit I really ,really don't want to roll it all.Coinstar costs too much.BTW- I bet your glad that teller has bad eyes huh? :)

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sometimes if the coinstar is full it might reject some coins, someone may have left them. Also if you choose the gift card option it might leavr you change. I found 5 dimes and 5 nickels in the reject tray once. All new modern clad. Good luck and HH!

-CC

OP
OP
RatRacer

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
diggummup said:
Is that a small local bank? I've been calling around,looking for a bank that has a coin sorter.Still no luck.I have about a thousand in change I need to turn in bit I really ,really don't want to roll it all.Coinstar costs too much.BTW- I bet your glad that teller has bad eyes huh? :)
Yes, it is a small local bank- only 4 branches that I know of. They're good, though. No checking or ATM fees. Only the "original" branch has a machine, but it is reght near where I work- went there twice yesterday, got the same teller both times. She's a nice older lady, and probably equates "silver" with Bens or Walkers.

Hey, CC, thanks! I didn't think of the thing giving change, or being full. Congrats on that pile you found.
Thanks, PR! My first 90%! I was playing with it at dinner until I almost lost it in the seat cushion and Lucy took it away.
Keep searching!
Keep searching

OP
OP
RatRacer

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Forgot- on my second trip, I got $20 in pennies. Found 12 wheats- 1-40, 1-41, 2-44, 2-46, 1-47D, 1-51, 1-53, 1-53D, 2-56D, 1 shiny 59, and 15 Canadian, plus a Canadian quarter earlier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread