So much for the tick spray...

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deal with the alpha gal. It for me goes away after 6 months to a year. But it can easily come back with another bite. Benadryl normally took care of it but i had one incident that I felt the need to go to the er even then the wait time and all I ended up going home and it finally cleared with a large amount of Benadryl. Maybe not the smartest decision I ever made prolly.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Week ago made mistake of peeing in woods. That’s right found one later attached. My wife removed it but by 24 hours my member was 3 times normal diameter and insanely itchy. Dr
Ordered doxy and after 3 days back to normal
Gave her a good laugh tho
I don’t worry about Lyme as long as I get them off within hours. 12 bites so far this year

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some scary stuff I think Ill just keep hunting in saltwater and fight off those critters seems easier

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have read we have more deer in the US now than when the county was founded due to the lack of predators for the deer. No more wolves and mountain lions to thin the herds. In Atlanta we have tons of oak trees and tons of suburban flower beds and tons of deer. The only thing thinning the herds are our automobiles. Seeing a dead deer on the side of the road is common place. If we ever go into a real economic depression in this country I will switch from beef to deer meat. The suckers will not budge until you get closer than 20 feet. I think I could kill one with my rifle at that range, cut out the choice meat and leave the rest for the coyotes and buzzards.

So far using 25% deet has worked for me. One time I found a black spot "down there" and thought it might be an abnormal growth. Went to my dermatologist immediately and he picked it off with tweezers thinking it was a scab or something and put it under the microscope and found out it was a tick. He gave me a shot for lime disease as a preventive. So far last tick that I have seen on my skin. Found one on my shoulder last week but on my shirt and flicked him off.
I remember back in my childhood almost all dogs got ticks and lots of them. This was before the monthly tick prevention meds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread