So Now that I have a Bobcat, how do I lure him to get his picture?

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bubby sez.....Are you...lookin' at me?? 015 (2).jpg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh no do not try to pet a "wild bobcat" or wild feral cat either ... bad move ...unless they want you to touch them -- otherwise you'll draw back a shredded numb

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was bitten by my own dog once, I wanted him to go inside and he wanted to sniff some stupid bush. I never approach any animal I don't know.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was bitten by my own dog once, I wanted him to go inside and he wanted to sniff some stupid bush. I never approach any animal I don't know.

I was bitten by our GSD puppy this summers well, can't blame the poor guy was in a bad way. Some type of allergy to a bug sting on the nose so his eyes were effected. Maybe it was just the silly looking cone and he was peeved at me. :)Trying to put drops in his eyes, and he ripped off the muzzle and the finger got scraped good. Three days later he was just fine playing outside getting sprayed down with the hose.

IMG_20150806_163342868_HDR.jpg P1010935.JPG IMG_20150808_215621188_HDR.jpg IMG_20150810_174549982.jpg

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trail camera is out there tonight doing its thing but it's raining and I don't know who will show up looking for a tasty turkey wing. I'm going to set some turkey on the ground tomorrow as a freebie. That poor opossum was trying to climb a branch to get to the wing. I like opossums. Smokeythecat - Opossum defender extraordinare! Film in the am, I hope.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Y'all ain't going to like this and I tell it with no intention to offend anyone's sensibilities but I am a trapper when I am not guiding duck/goose hunters but a for sure way to get pictures of the bobcat is to hang a CD about 3 feet or so above the ground and in front of your camera. Tie the CD where it will move and rotate with the wind. The old saying "curiosity killed the cat" is as dead on as any saying ever. Cats hunt more with their eyes than their sense of smell and the rotating CD or some feathers as someone suggested above will bring him up so you can get pictures. It will probably bring up more than Bobcats but that's OK too being as you want pictures. Cats usually have a long route and it may be a week or so before he makes it back around. Also some type of lure that has beaver castor in it as an ingredient will bring in every wild and tame creature you got on the place and most other peoples too because they all love the way beaver castor and skunk smells. If you cant find any PM me your address and I will send you some that I make and use...d2

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have plenty of DVD's. It's raining here. Will put out right after I get done typing here. It hasn't been around since Saturday so may be on its way back.

Of course I can always go back to the cover yourself in doodie or chicken blood, lie in the woods covered with leaves and twigs and make hurt baby rabbit noises.

Right.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine lookin' dog, Pepperj....we had one that looked exactly like yours. Trouble is though, we got him at a young age from the dog pound. Some college kids owned him until he outgrew the puppy stage. Looking back, I think they "ruined" him. He was a very unpredictable dog, but a good dog. I came around the corner of the house one day, and there he was walking stiff-legged with the hair standing up on his back, toward my grandson (baby) who was in a walker. I called the vet immediately and had him come out and put him down. Just didn't want to take anymore chances like that....
I was bitten by our GSD puppy this summers well, can't blame the poor guy was in a bad way. Some type of allergy to a bug sting on the nose so his eyes were effected. Maybe it was just the silly looking cone and he was peeved at me. :)Trying to put drops in his eyes, and he ripped off the muzzle and the finger got scraped good. Three days later he was just fine playing outside getting sprayed down with the hose.

View attachment 1241892 View attachment 1241889 View attachment 1241890 View attachment 1241891

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have plenty of DVD's. It's raining here. Will put out right after I get done typing here. It hasn't been around since Saturday so may be on its way back.

Of course I can always go back to the cover yourself in doodie or chicken blood, lie in the woods covered with leaves and twigs and make hurt baby rabbit noises.

Right.
That is a great way of getting eating by Bobcats. Can I have your metal detectors?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you can. I have four. I saw this cat, he's not too big. Thought it was a house cat at first. I tell you I won't fit in his mouth.....

Trail camera is out there waiting. It's raining, that might affect his comings and goings.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine lookin' dog, Pepperj....we had one that looked exactly like yours. Trouble is though, we got him at a young age from the dog pound. Some college kids owned him until he outgrew the puppy stage. Looking back, I think they "ruined" him. He was a very unpredictable dog, but a good dog. I came around the corner of the house one day, and there he was walking stiff-legged with the hair standing up on his back, toward my grandson (baby) who was in a walker. I called the vet immediately and had him come out and put him down. Just didn't want to take anymore chances like that....

Nice looking dog. :icon_thumright:
I boxed (did) with Roxy..she would not bite through the gloves ....and I'am glad! She could pop one of the "indestructible" tennis balls whenever she wanted to.

roxy badass (400x300).jpg

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I use old vhs tape taken out of the cassette and hung up in a low branch. cut several strands a couple of feet long so they blow and move in the wind, same idea as the feathers mentioned above. I use this setup at every trap set I have and works very well due to their hunting by sight as much or more than smell. using meat in the open draws scavengers like opossum, raccoon and birds and ends up more trouble than it is worth. Any urine for a scent post under the visual aid will work, doesn't have to be bobcat urine. You can usually find fox urine, or other types even at wal mart or other stores with sporting goods sold as cover scents.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a feather, shiny dvd and turkey wing hanging out there. He hasn't been around the last 2 days. But it's been raining hard.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
give it some time --the rain should wash away any human scent left behind..

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you have some success , ill keep checking in.
Thank's
Davers

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet looking Kitty.
Everybody's Cats Look Cool Even the Wild Ones on page 1.
Was the one with the fat tail a Cougar?

Anyway Does your Fluffy Kitty Get Knots?

Both of them without regular grooming would make a Rasta proud with their locks.:)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of them without regular grooming would make a Rasta proud with their locks.:)

Funny we have one (Fuzzy) who is est 11 years old. & Never got Knots until she was 8 or 9 (same with her Grand- Mom if I recall Correctly )... Hates to be Combed , Had her Shaved Down in Aug , Now She is fuzzin up again.
Ill try to 'Brush' her a little but she will likely have to be Shaved again in the Spring.

Also we have a Main-coone (type Cat) 'Same Short haired Moma as Fuzzy ' But She Gets No Knots Thankfully.
BUT
Drools like a Rabid Dog when petting Her. : A few of ours do the Drooling thing.

I / we love them sooooo much ,it just hurts too bad when they pass on. or Disappear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread