So sick of the banks!!!!!

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
So anyway I went to my home bank on the way home. One in which I knew they weren't to keen on the coin hunters so I never really even got much from them anyway. Probably total under $1000 in halfs $300 in nickles over the last month and a half that I have been CRH. I never brought any back to them to count. I went in there today to get a box of nickles for giggles and they told me they woudn't sell me coins anymore!!! I was like WTF!!! I just said well maybe its time for me to stop banking here then too. I have been there since I was 19!! Got me my wifes checking, our savings, our daughters savings, and my truck financed though them and they can't afford to give me change!!! They are a freakin' bank!!! I don't go there to buy preperation H, or nudie magazines. I go there for money! Well anyway... im pissed.... They are going to need the preperation H cause I am going to be a real pain in their ass. I looked on their website and they have no coin counting fees for members. I called wanting to talk to the manager... they said "she was on the way out". Probaby wanting to avoid me...... The girl asked who I was and if she could take a message. I said; "you know who I am" She said "Yes I do..." Then I called the main branch left my info for someone to get back to me.

So anyway...... let me know if any of you guys have good suggestions for dealing with them.

Upvote 0

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Big Time: It's time you told that Bank to Shove it! Go see the Mgr & tell her/him why you want to close ALL your Accounts! Then find a new

Bank & first explain why you left the other one! There's too many Banks out there to take Crap from them!

HH Joe

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really sucks man!

Chase banks here aren't allowed to sell me anymore coin. They give the argument of: "Well business customers have to pay for coin..."

I would drop them, but their downtown branch has the coin counter that I use several times a week and they don't seem to have any problems with it.

I have no idea how much free cash you might have handy, but maybe instead of asking for coin you could ask for $10,000 worth of $1 Bills just for funsies.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kill 'em with kindness! Explain to the manager,face to face with a smile,your dealings with them as far as accounts,loans,length of time as a customer,your disatisfaction as a long time customer, etc..Alot of banks get their coin orders on Thursday so supply shouldn't have been a problem.Ask her when they get their coin,ask her why you were refused a simple box of nickels,ask her if you should order your coin in advance in the future.If she doesn't give you the answers you want to hear then close out all accounts except one,that being your wifes checking account.Keep it to a minimum as far as the account balance goes and then use that bank to dump all your coins at.They cannot refuse that. Then each time you deposit all your coins there, you can remind them that since they were obviously short on coinage you figured you would keep them in good steady supply.Smiling all the way from the bank!

D

dugupfinds

Most banks here ain't much better. Not that we have silver to hunt for anymore. :'(

Screw them & close your accounts.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
Kill 'em with kindness! Explain to the manager,face to face with a smile,your dealings with them as far as accounts,loans,length of time as a customer,your disatisfaction as a long time customer, etc..Alot of banks get their coin orders on Thursday so supply shouldn't have been a problem.Ask her when they get their coin,ask her why you were refused a simple box of nickels,ask her if you should order your coin in advance in the future.If she doesn't give you the answers you want to hear then close out all accounts except one,that being your wifes checking account.Keep it to a minimum as far as the account balance goes and then use that bank to dump all your coins at.They cannot refuse that. Then each time you deposit all your coins there, you can remind them that since they were obviously short on coinage you figured you would keep them in good steady supply.Smiling all the way from the bank!

That works until they refuse to take your coin in as well. The small Chase banks around here won't take my coin either.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bscofield6 said:
diggummup said:

That works until they refuse to take your coin in as well. The small Chase banks around here won't take my coin either.
Then you close all accounts and tell 'em where to stick it,literally! ;D

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My main dump bank has right in their brochure

"...deposit upto $10000 per month**"

down in fine print it says "**includes coin and cash"

I had to show that to them, they didn't know it was there.
But they have no problem with the coin as long as I roll it.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a bummer.....I'd close the accounts to.

I don't understand what the deal with them is.....they are a bank. That is their business.

Ben_banned

Jan 20, 2007
I could understand from their point, its a buisness like all others they need to make money.
But you do have an account their so fork them.
I go to a pretty big bank so I dont really have this problem.

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Their fee slip says "coin sorting (non-customer) 10% $12 max" and right below that it says "collections incoming/outgoing $2500" Is that anything to worry about?

Im still trying to find more info.

One other thing. At another branch of this particular bank I asked for some Large dollars. Twice this lady told me that they can't hand them out they have to send them back to the reserve. Its kinda like that game... I know her hand and want to call out BULL#@!$%#@!! So i kinda grilled her about it.... "so where do you send them? Do you send them back one at a time? What do they do with them at the reserve? Why am I getting them from other banks? Is that your policy? I get them from other First Nationals why are you diffrent? " and so on....

Yeah I am so going to bring back my change to them. I am tempted to say; "since you are having such a hard time with rising cost of dealing with money I figured I would bring you all my change to help you out a bit. So then you can get off your ass, work for your money instead of sitting there BSing with the other tellers and, roll coins and save the bank some money rather then giving them to me and going broke."

And the bottom line is I/we can't put up with it. If they think they can get away with it they will. Hell if they could they would probably say "just give me your money and go home. No you cant have it back its mine now. Thanks and come again!" But we would not put up with that either.

Most banks are cool with me getting coins to an extent. Which I don't mind. But it pisses me off that this bank which I have gave them my buisness for years is being like this.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it all works out for you bud! I know how you feel.

One bank my dad has been a member of for 20 years or so tried to give him the same crap when he tried to order some half dollars from them. They said they wouldn't do it and that they would have to charge him for it. He said no thanks.

They then called him up later that evening after seeing how much he had in his accounts there and said that he could order as much as he wanted to.

So basically these banks have double standards for different customers I think.

But they make their money when you keep money with them because they use that money to invest with and make money for themselves. Without your money they have less to invest with. If you have very much money with them they will probably change their mind and allow you to do what you are doing because they probably can't afford to lose your business.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
You can either blow them off, or open your accounts elsewhere, and use them as your dump bank. If they do not want to give you coins , then why not give them (the coins)to them(the bank) ? See how they like that. HH Gayle

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
bscofield6 said:
But they make their money when you keep money with them because they use that money to invest with and make money for themselves. Without your money they have less to invest with. If you have very much money with them they will probably change their mind and allow you to do what you are doing because they probably can't afford to lose your business.

They make a hell of lot more money than you have on deposit. heh heh.

Just look up the definition of 'fractional reserve banking'. They can create loans for many times the actual amount of money they have 'on hand':

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/frb.html

Check out FDIC when you've had a few drinks and are sitting down. (Well, I guess since you are reading this on your computer, you will most likely be sitting down. You better have another drink...)

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
yeah, don't let 'em kid you about anything---overdraft fees, paying Brinks, paying their tellers, the electric bill, whatever---it doesn't matter. ALL United States banks (almost every bank in the world, actually) operate under the fractional reserve banking system. That's a kind of profit no other business could even dream of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread