So what does your spouse think about your MDing hobby?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been metal detecting for almost as long as I have been married, 23 years. My wife has always been supportive of my "obsession" with detecting, but has never showed any interest in it herself. She actually thinks it's a little "kooky" as she puts it. This is even though both my daughters and my son have always gone detecting with me through the years and love it themselves.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its Great to Have a Supporting Spouse! ;D ;D Red ;D ;D supports Me fully, Even though She Cant get out with Me when I detect. But I think She enjoys the Fun as much as I do. I find it and She helps if not takes over the research of What I find!!!
Red Is my gold and Silver Keeper Her eye sight Is allot better than Mine and Can find the small Marks that I don see!!! It Is a team effort I can't wait until My replacement Coil Gets here this week!!! Chug!!! ;D

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
Well, my wife thinks it's a bit odd but just smiles indulgently. I guess she figures it's better than hanging out in bars and getting in trouble.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine will go out with me and take out daughter so she can play in the playground or in the water. Depend on where I go to. I have extra detectors but she will not use one. My daughter will get one now and then and swing it around and help dig out the finds. Then there is time when my wife will not go and it is just me out for the day. I guess I can not complain she lets me go as much as I want. I will also work my vaction around detecting.......Matt

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
My wife love's it she will grab my sons detector and come with me every now and then. I started water hunting because she came up behind me when I was on this forum looking at what the beach and water hunter's were finding. She asked why can't you find stuff like that for me i.e. rings and such LOL. I told her if I had a water machine I would well... a week after that my wife ordered me my Excal II 1000. :thumbsup: I work for the school district here so I have the summers off and am in the water if not every day it's every other day. Now I'm working on her for a new sun spot scoop.LOL
HH-drewan

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
My wife is neutral on the subject. She does not care to tag along and she does not care if I go as long as I don't track dirt in the house when I come back.

:D

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lets see, if I HAD one we would get along GREAT! She would enjoy going out with me hauling all my equipment around while I walked about with my detector pick a spot for her to dig when I got a signal and give me everything of value and she gets to keep the pull tabs! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don't worry I was only joking!!!!! I am single though!

Even if I had a spouse that went with me, I am too much of a old fashioned man to let her get dirty and carry anything! Besides, I have a hard time trying to get my girlfriend to go anywhere with me, much less metal detecting. Does that mean anything????

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Well lets see, if I HAD one we would get along GREAT! She would enjoy going out with me hauling all my equipment around while I walked about with my detector pick a spot for her to dig when I got a signal and give me everything of value and she gets to keep the pull tabs! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don't worry I was only joking!!!!! I am single though!

Even if I had a spouse that went with me, I am too much of a old fashioned man to let her get dirty and carry anything! Besides, I have a hard time trying to get my girlfriend to go anywhere with me, much less metal detecting. Does that mean anything????

;D :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug and Red said:
Its Great to Have a Supporting Spouse! ;D ;D Red ;D ;D supports Me fully, Even though She Cant get out with Me when I detect. But I think She enjoys the Fun as much as I do. I find it and She helps if not takes over the research of What I find!!!
Red Is my gold and Silver Keeper Her eye sight Is allot better than Mine and Can find the small Marks that I don see!!! It Is a team effort I can't wait until My replacement Coil Gets here this week!!! Chug!!! ;D

I think it's awesome that Chug detects, I can't get out with him due to my health, and problems with walking, so I live through Chug! He brings everything home, and I mean Everything, pulltabs, nails, sinkers, dope pipes, knives, junk and some really great stuff. Last week I had a bad week, and was stuck in bed with my bucket. Chug went out last saturday, found part of a chain in the dirt, so he carefully picked it up, dirt clod and all, and closed back up the plug. I had soooooo much fun working the dirt and roots away from what he had found, by the time it was done, I had a cheap little heart shaped pendant with fake stones. Yes it was junk, but to me it is worth keeping! For Chug to be able to bring that home to me, instead of uncovering it as he could have done, means more to me then anything, he is a keeper, and so is my new pendant!!!! ;D Red

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My girl likes to take pictures so I bring her to beaches to get her pictures and I get to play in the sand.

We got her a detector a few months ago, but she wants to wait until the ground is soft so she can try parks. She doesn't seem to have interest in beach detecting in the winter in a coat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread