So whats your great little tip?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
So what's your great little tip?

I got really tired of dragging all that sand into the car after beach detecting. Most of the beaches I go to do not have a place to wash your feet, and even if they did, you still collect a lot of sand on the way back to the car.

I know it's a silly little thing, but I started carrying a gallon of water with me in the car. Just before getting into the car I rinse off the last of the sand and put on my flip flops. I really had to wonder why I was not carrying that gallon of water with me a long time ago.

I went to Bradenton Beach today and got the standard CLAD, fishing lures, and pull tabs. Tomorrow I'm going back with my SCUBA gear and work the reef just outside the third pier, you never know...

That gallon of water worked great! Why did it take me so long to figure it out???

There have got to be lots of other little tips out there...

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: So what's your great little tip?

Sure, "Never look directly at the sun."

Sorry, I couldn't help it. The water in the car for rinsing the sand off is worth the little trouble it takes to fill the bottle. Splash a little on the scoop and coil.

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI

I carry a cheap 1 gal sprayer, it uses less water to cleanup so it will last more than one beach. The best tip I ever heard was to Never trust a naked bus driver.

Les

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been carrying the 1 gallon of water since I started. I have a fairly nice mini van and I put a plactic tarp down and put everything on top of it when I go hunting so that when I go to clean up I just have to remove the tarp and shake and 99.99% of sand is removed then.

Several of the places I hunt has outdoor showers, but some don't and since I am never sure where I will park, I always carry the 1 gallon of water just in case.

digger, I do like the 1 gal sprayer idea, thanks for the tip.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X

I have always carried a gal water jug for cleaning up after doing the dirt but the sprayer idea sounds great for when coming out of the salt. I am going to get one today at HD
Thanks for the tip :)

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I really like the bug sprayer idea. When you get out of the salt water and then air dry, my tank top shirt feels really prickly and uncomfortable. I'll get my wife to 'bug spray' me and rinse the salt off. That should get a few snickers.

Another small minor tip.

When you see a very large lady on the beach don't look at your wife and say, "Hey, she has a swim suit just like yours." (unless you want to get clobbered with your own long handled scoop)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GuyInBack said:
Another small minor tip.

When you see a very large lady on the beach don't look at your wife and say, "Hey, she has a swim suit just like yours." (unless you want to get clobbered with your own long handled scoop)

LOL, My wife weighs 100 lbs dripping wet. I have seen women weighing twice that with same bikini she has, :o I just tell her it looks a lot better on her. ;D

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done

I have been carrying 2 - ! gallon jugs of h2o whule land and water hunting for as long as I can remember, Comes in handy for a lot of situations. ;D

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack

i keep a small emergency kit in the car. amongst the goodies its got a t-shirt and clean socks. nothing like a fresh shirt and socks after a long time sweating in the sun!

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl

yes that warm water feels good at the end of the day, an those change of cloths that are all warm an dry, like putting on cloths straight from the dryer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions