ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna put... "the same reason I am"...

But you truly have a different story.
Get your camera...
I do not believe there are Skunk "love" vids yet. :P

Could be a you tube sensation.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Another insomniac! I don't sleep a lot, normally average 4 hours a day and have for a very long time. Did Pepe leave a PEW behind?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be spring for sure!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, its spring. Skunks last night and bald eagles playing sky games yesterday and today.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey it's better to have the wildlife in your yard than the humans doing all that! :D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunks woke me last about four last night also. Last summer my jack Russell grabbed ahold of one in front yard. It sprayed a relish oil all over his face which he ran right back in the house and tried wiping off on the carpet. I had to remove all my carpet. Last summer was a nightmare. Happened twice.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eagles were gong in circle around one another, up and down and sideways. Baby eagles soon to come.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cause your prostrate is the size of a grapefruit?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang skunks-

Go outside and spray them with a water hose to run them off.

However, if they pick up a bucket of sudsy water, a big soapy sponge, and start washing your truck... get out the video camera.

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 9.09.15 PM.png

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skunks woke me last about four last night also. Last summer my jack Russell grabbed ahold of one in front yard. It sprayed a relish oil all over his face which he ran right back in the house and tried wiping off on the carpet. I had to remove all my carpet. Last summer was a nightmare. Happened twice.

Back in 82' I rode home with my guitarist Ken after we finished a show one night. It was around 3:00 am. We walk into his home and he lets the dog out. He headed for the shower and I started to get my bed for the night ready on the couch. Ken yells from the shower "please let my dog in"...! Ok... I open the back door and in runs the dog (skunk sprayed). My eyes watered instantly and the dog did a deep dive onto the carpet. I headed after the dog to throw it back out but now the dog was on Kens bed rolling all over it yelling and whining. It was overwhelming. Then it ran onto the couch and rolled all over it while I was screaming for Ken. Ken came running out of the bathroom and I ran outside myself. A few seconds later... Ken throw the dog out the back door and it continued to roll all over! I decided to drive the extra 20 more miles home (duh). I got home and could smell it on me easily. I showered, scrubbed and hit the bed. At 4:30 am. Ken's banging on my door for a place to sleep. It took months for his home to not smell skunk. It cost a lot of money also!!!!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 82' I rode home with my guitarist Ken after we finished a show one night. It was around 3:00 am. We walk into his home and he lets the dog out. He headed for the shower and I started to get my bed for the night ready on the couch. Ken yells from the shower "please let my dog in"...! Ok... I open the back door and in runs the dog (skunk sprayed). My eyes watered instantly and the dog did a deep dive onto the carpet. I headed after the dog to throw it back out but now the dog was on Kens bed rolling all over it yelling and whining. It was overwhelming. Then it ran onto the couch and rolled all over it while I was screaming for Ken. Ken came running out of the bathroom and I ran outside myself. A few seconds later... Ken throw the dog out the back door and it continued to roll all over! I decided to drive the extra 20 more miles home (duh). I got home and could smell it on me easily. I showered, scrubbed and hit the bed. At 4:30 am. Ken's banging on my door for a place to sleep. It took months for his home to not smell skunk. It cost a lot of money also!!!!

You can't imagine how bad till it happens.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once upon a time ago, I decided to walk out on the deck after dark. Just flipped on the light an walked out and Mr. 2 stripe was 4 feet away. I went inside and said "nice kitty go home" through the window in the door. Years before, I lived in a basement apartment. The homeowner had three outside rooms attached (back then the doors did not lock). Anyway, I go out to the third back room to get a peach (that's where the basket was), and turn around and right there in the middle of the second little room was a skunk. I had walked right by him. He already had his peach. So I stepped back and closed the door behind me and he just turned and left.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Sneak up on the skunk and scare him by making a very sudden and unexpected loud noise.

They respect that and will run away.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago as I was sitting in a lounge chair out on our paito one morning, out of the corner of my eye I see something black with a white stripe go under my chair, I didn't move a muscle. The skunk was meandering all around unaware I was even there...being held hostage. Lol! Finally it wandered off, you just can't get out of those lounge fast.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend was a contractor and had just roughed in a nice 3 bedroom ranch style home with an attached garage on the edge of town. He comes over on Sunday morning to get me and go over to the home. He wanted to talk about a problem he was having in the kitchen. We pull up into the open garage and park. I noticed the door to house is cracked open. I head on in to the kitchen area. Then I see a skunk in the far corner. And.... it see's me back! I go back out and said YOU got a problem my friend. He has to see himself.... yep there's a skunk in the kitchen. So we prop open all three exit doors and leave. Came back a few hours later. Skunk has set up residence... still in kitchen... and it see's us again! Now Bill is pissed and wants the skunk OUT! He grabs a sweep broom and heads on in. I stay out nursing a cold beer now (I'm smarter than Bill). About 2 minutes into the "residence war" I hear Bill screaming YOU SOB, YOU MF'er, DAMN YOU....! And he comes flying out of the house into the driveway (without the broom). Chalk one up for the skunk. Next day the skunk was gone. This happened in early Spring and it took forever it seemed to get the smell out and the wood sealed to finish that new home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread