so ya, how do i get the bluebook prices???

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
wow, yesterday was the first time i opened up a blue book and now im still depressed. i dont think ill ever buy a coin again.... i feel i got a new one ripped. so is the only way to get those prices is become a dealer? like the chain i want, around 1700 blue book, 3500 my cost >:( guess my best bet is to move to the east coast and start detecting eh??? still bought a really nice v today for 5.00 :) couldnt resist

prospectorYorkPA

Jan 16, 2007
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism III
With due dilligence and patience. The blue book is average prices a dealer will pay, red book is average retail. These are just guides. I do pick up some coins at blue book off of ebay. I find an appealing coin, bid the blue book and not much more. I may place 30 bids, and get one overlooked by the bidders or find a coin in the wrong catagory. Usually bid one grade less than stated on raw coins. So much overgrading. Example: picked up a EF 31s Lincoln for $40. I usually check for coins with ending times about $4:00 am. This works well for semi keys and type coins. You won't find many keys at a reasonable price. Also pay attention to detail. Lots of cleaned coins out there.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
blue book is what the coin dealers may* give you for a coin -- red book is what you can expect to pay them for the coin -- or a private sell price person to person --- its their profit margin* thus the differance --- use the blue book prices to bid or pay for coins on e bay only if the grading is solid by a good grader -- lots of over gradesd and clean coins and fake coins -- best know your stuff

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i agree with everyone, and the 3/4 am ebay bidding is also great advice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread