So … you still want to be an Archaeologist (2)

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Many thanks John as I always enjoy your posts! I was unfamiliar with AVM due to it being slightly before my time and as an inhabitant of the other side of the pond. I anticipate much viewing pleasure of it on YouTube. Thanks Again!

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Programmes in the UK were leisurely then ... black and white and understated ... not like the frenetic offerings today!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice story, I enjoyed it immensely! Although your post-script has intrigued me an I would love to the un-edited version you "chickened out" of posting.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the Joseph jumper. (And eccentrics in general.) Still divided on archaeologist's as a whole however...
Hmmm, A loud shirt or a waistcoat to enhance my detecting image? A smoking jacket perhaps.

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Programmes in the UK were leisurely then ... black and white and understated ... not like the frenetic offerings today!

My exact initial thought! All programming today suffers from a dumbed-down, in your face, wow (look at me now!) intensity. Whatever happened to the perception of ideal masculinity (at least mine) - the understated, intelligent, unflappable coolness of a Sean Connery as the first James Bond. Today's ideal is a loud, rude, blowhard of the used car sales-type.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread