So youve been diagnosed with Cancer....

RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
So you've been diagnosed with Cancer....

This is a new experience for me. Guess I asked for it years ago, saying I'd rather have cancer than diabetes, you could beat cancer. Now I have both. Each person is different, but we all have the same thoughts. One, I did not like having to consult three different doctors to develop a plan. I might have chosen cancer treatment centers of America given the chance to do it over. Second, if you have any reservations about a physician, run, get another. I had two good doc's a surgeon, and a radiologist. I have andenocarcinoma in the lungs. I have a 7 cm mass in the left. I was first told it as small ( less than 3 cm), and had a "skin" which was good. As the Dr. visits progressed the news grew worse, I had not been told the truth on the outset. Surgeon struck out, tumor attached to aorta, radiologist next. Did 6 weeks a radiation and chemo. Radiation affects you long after its over, I am just now having energy six weeks after ending. The chemo (is why I am writing this) was an additive treatment. I did not trust the chemo doc, to young, and did not give me full disclosure at beginning. She had me on Taxol, for six weeks. About week three she asked about nueropathy, loss of feeling in fingers and toes. Being diabetic, I was keen to this. I had the beginnings of this. I fired her, and got another experienced dr. I am on chemo only now, and it too is energy draining.

Stay away from Taxol, the loss of sensations may be permanent. I am at the point if it is permanent I can live with it in warm weather. I hope to get the feeling back, it is tough to do small things, like starting a nut on a bolt.

I work outside surveying for a living, and need to endure cold temperatures. Still in the treatment process and not trusting of dr's I will have to see if I can return to work. Been off since Thanksgiving, and somewhat thankful on missing this winter. I am hoping to get enough strength to do some detecting. I have a partner who'd hunt dawn to dusk, I doubt I can do those anymore. Looking forward to a hunt soon.

Chuck

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck in your battle, seems everyone here on Tnet has been touched by the C in one way or another, we are all hoping the best for you.. Get strength by hunting a few hours at a time if you can, and be sure to show us your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread