soaked Easter bunnies fell from the sky--still got FAT, 1940 birdband & game piece

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soaked Easter bunnies fell from the sky--still got FAT, 1940 birdband & game piece

wind was blowin' harder than a car salesman doing balloons for the "once in a lifetime sales event" for crappy overpriced cars :dontknow::BangHead:
rain drenched my hopes for a longer hunt. fields get planted this week, so the 1686 farm is history.
SBPA 1940 birdband, a 1/8 musket ball gaming piece ( about a half dozen from there last year), and Sarah Longacre put on some extra weight in her first few years of being handled by the peeps. :laughing7::laughing7:

IMG_5185.JPGIMG_5186.JPGIMG_5187.JPGIMG_5188.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Great finds. Sorry I don't know what a "a 1/8 musket ball gaming piece" is. Can someone explain it to me ? thnx in advance :)

Nice finds. I found a 1976 birdband this spring. I entered the serial number on my Illinois USGS sight and they sent me a PDF certificate showing their appreciation for entering the information on their sight. Pretty cool actually. You may wish to try it if you haven't already.

Cool finds! Congrats and HH

I like that bird band. I do the same as Kurious1. I enter the information to receive the certificate. Its nice to see the back round info on the bird. Nice find.

appears there was a camp setup on the field and the time was passed playing games. they cut or shaped roundballs for use as game pieces. we found 1/2, 1/4, curved, thumb fit carved, flattened shapes, squared and holed flattened musket balls. no video games to play in the 1700 & 1800's :laughing7:.
Great finds. Sorry I don't know what a "a 1/8 musket ball gaming piece" is. Can someone explain it to me ? thnx in advance :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back