Soccer field pays off again... Ring goes back to owner, just have to share...

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring goes back to owner, just have to share...

As most of you know, I found a class ring a week or so ago.... I was able to find the person by contacting the school that was on the ring. After leaving a couple messages, I finally got a hold of "Maria" this afternoon and lo and behold, she now lives in the same town as I... She lost the ring 6 yrs ago when she let her young daughter "hold" it for a few minutes, but then found that her daughter had dropped it. "We looked and looked all around the area, and even came back the next day, but even with 5 of us looking for it, we couldnt find it"...
We agreed to meet at the local Winn Dixie at 5:30, and when I arrived, she was waiting with her two teenage sons.. Man, what a big smile came over her face when I handed her the ring. "It's so shiny" she said, and I replied "Yeah, it cleaned up real well"... She then said "How much do I owe you", to which I of course replied "Nothing, we in the MD'ing community return things whenever we can, it is kind of our credo".. She again smiled really big, gave me a hug, and said "I have a card for you".. She then handed me an envelope, we said our goodbyes, and I left.. When I got home, I opened the envelope and it was a sweet "Thank you" card, and also a $25 gift certificate for the Olive Garden... What a warm feeling I got.. I called her and left her a message that although I didnt need the gift, I would graciously accept it and thanked her, also telling her that I was happy that I was able to get the ring back to her...

Although I could use the money (couldnt we all), the warm feeling I got when I gave it back to her, and the smile on her face were better than the $50 or so the ring would have brought by selling it for scrap...

Gotta love a happy ending like that...

HH all!

Attachments

• classring 1.jpg
    classring 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 608
  • classring 1.jpg
    classring 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 602

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Re: Ring goes back to owner, just have to share...

Very noble thing you did there. Karma will pay you back for it! Honorable Mention in my book!!

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Ring goes back to owner, just have to share...

Great job. I agree, honorable mention!!!d2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread