Soccer Fields Forever!

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the ever-producing soccer fields after a heavy rain today to find 15 quarters, 17 dimes, 3 nickels, 32 pennies, (earliest coin 1965), 2 newer buttons, a 1990 Hot Wheels, a 2008 Disney China Mickey Mouse pendant, and a nice crisp one dollar bill just waiting for me. lol Were a couple of small coin spills-the one pictured is of a nickel, dime, and quarter. No matter what I find I am happy as long as I am swinging the coil. 002.JPG 1229151218-00.jpg 1229151348-00.jpg 1229151403-00.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it makes you happy, that's all that matters. Nice day with the detector.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice clad haul! :occasion14:

That shovel worries me just a tad. You might want to switch to a hand digger hunting for clad that shallow on sports fields. Groundskeepers see shovels and freak out.

OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am an expert with that home made shovel (small blade). 3 sides and a flip of the plug and then right back over like brand new. Also easy on the back. lol Do carry smaller hand held shovels as well. Seriously though am very, very careful about leaving the plugs looking like they were never there.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep....I agree with Terry go with a hand trowel when hunting urban green spaces otherwise you could get turfed out.

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2moshers,

Even if you are very careful.....it's all about perception someone sees you in an urban green space digging with a shovel odds are at some point in time someone will call the cops or the parks department.

Just a heads up to consider going forward.

Regards + HH

Bill

Am an expert with that home made shovel (small blade). 3 sides and a flip of the plug and then right back over like brand new. Also easy on the back. lol Do carry smaller hand held shovels as well. Seriously though am very, very careful about leaving the plugs looking like they were never there.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love a target rich hunt. Congrats on adding to your MD upgrade/expenses fund. Still digging in December is a victory in itself.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG MOSH NICE FINDS .

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great clad totals. We are allowed a 12 inch total length and a 4 inch wide blade (Lesche Digger), in NYC. Sadly, there is always a nosey body taking pictures to use to get us thrown out. In an open field or the woods, I use a 30 inch Predator spade.

OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The soccer fields I have been hitting are local. I served on our local school board for 9 years (2 as board president), have served for 30 years on and am president of our town council where I was our police commissioner for 12 of those years. So I am sort of known around our local area as a responsible person. As previously said I make it a point to leave any place I dig looking as close to what it was before I did so. If I do go to a public place out of our local area I certainly use my smaller trowels or digger. Like most of you I am very careful about the perception I might give people when detecting. Thanks for all of your replies and comments and thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions