Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Personally?

I think it is a shame that those people are so ign0rant they have not utilized a "sun roof" in the first place.

Just my humble opinion.

Yes there are clear and frosted acrylic panels that are shaped like that metal roof,, and they are cheaper than that metal roof, It gives me a sinking feeling, why would these be necessary?

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL
these people probably don't have 2 nickels to rub together, let alone pay money for a panel and install in their roof.

soda bottle found on street
some leftover tin
snips
water

done

and free

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
FarmerChick said:
LOL
these people probably don't have 2 nickels to rub together, let alone pay money for a panel and install in their roof.

some leftover tin
snips
water

done

and free

Bingo !

Not only that, but:

1) the skylight panels likely aren't as readily available in Timbuktu (the nearest Home Depot is probably a few thousand miles away), and

2) filling the bottle with sterilized clear water is pure genius - makes the whole thing act as a big diffuser - scatters the light around, much like the "light pipes" they sell at big box stores.

SWR - read a few of your posts today - what happened ? Not have a big enough bowl of nails for breakfast ? ??? I used to enjoy your posts.

Diggem'

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
FarmerChick said:
LOL

some leftover tin
snips
water

done

and free

These people typically make about $3 a day. They could have had a "sun roof" installed when their shack was thrown together.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for them... or be overjoyed?

Please, explain your position

Explain MY position? There is no position. I said what do ya'll think---and you said what you wanted---and it is done.

I posted it cause it is something that I thought was interesting about the amt. of light that a stupid bottle and water produced.

feel sorry or overjoyed for them? nah, their lives 'is what it is' but I thought they 'did do what they had to do' to get free light into their homes..nothing more lol

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI a litle late, but swr you are not in the real world, which is far beyond Florida. Most have no money, not even enough for a Range Rover, or Hummer, so they have to improvise. I give them 100% and swr 00%.

Most of them have to struggle harder for a house like that, than most Americans for a 2 story 4 bedroom / bathroom house.

Thanks farmer chick, I enjoyed it, and found some interesting information to file away for possible future use.

The idea to use water in the bottle to collect and disperse light from many different angles is very interesting. Actually ingenious.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread