Soda bottles, are they worth it?

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At my local thrift store they seem to have a never ending supply of soda bottles. I have looked at several sites that have helped me id some of the bottles but I was wondering if all bottles have some value? They sell the bottles for about a dollar a piece but if I buy them by the crate they would be cheaper and I could probably get them for 25- 50 cents a piece. Any help?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I know a dollar could be overpaying for some and a great deal on others. Try to PM Sodabottlebob. I think that is his name on here. He has tons of information on soda bottles.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Write down the names or take a few pics and then search the "sold listings" in the bottles section of Ebay, you could make yourself some nice cashish if you find the right stuff...

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
sodawaterblob.jpg
Soda Bottles SHA
Hello arnofarrell.

I'm assuming that you are speaking of ACL sodas, but "Soda bottles" covers about 200 years of history in the US, and tens of thousands of different bottles. So this is a tough one to give a simple answer. ACL's have been made since 1934.

Jim / epackage gives good advise on searching completed listings. As with most collectibles, condition is most important. Soda bottles have some serious fans, and thankfully there is quite a lot of material accessible online. Good luck with your collecting.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently gave away a few crates of beautiful 40's and 50's color-embossed local sodas, because I couldn't get $1 ea. The right person has to come along. One man's trash is another's treasure.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I recently gave away a few crates of beautiful 40's and 50's color-embossed local sodas, because I couldn't get $1 ea. The right person has to come along. One man's trash is another's treasure.

pack them away in an attic and forget about them until the next generation comes and re-discovers them....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread