Soft Squishy Field gives nice goodies

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out to get my fishing license like I always do around this time of year.After leaving,I decided to go into Manchester for a little dirt fishing.Spent about an hour and a half in this little patch that the snow had finally melted.I only ended up covering about half of that area.The field is really soft,so soft you have to dig fast or your hole fills up with water.Needless to say I got a little muddy.I do believe it payed off though.I managed a $1.71 in clad.I found what appears to be an old car key.I also managed a nice .925 silver heart charm.My best find of the day was the best condition large cent I have ever found.I could pull a date off it after only rinsing it under water.It was an 1856(slanted numbers) Large cent.last year I pulled 2 largies from the same field.I will be going back there. ;D

Attachments

• 100_1485.JPG
    100_1485.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 578
Upvote 0

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Lincoln had long thin keys like that in the 50s til around 1960 when they became squarish. Dash ignition keys in the 50s were thinner.

Or it could be for a tractor or lawn mower or shed or anything.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep track of what you pull from the field. Off to a great start. Have a good 2011. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread