Sold $3k of my detecting finds.

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up the detecting hobby last August when I bought a new White's Spectra V3i and White's Bullseye TRX pinpointer. I'm fortunate to live in a history-rich area with colonial activity dating back to the 1650's and permission to scan many properties. I spend a good share of my free time out detecting and have made several nice finds. Plus many of these finds are in excellent condition because of the local geology which provides good sand drainage under the topsoil.

I'm also a serious photographer and enjoy taking photos and cataloging my finds. For me, the excitement is in finding the artifacts and sharing this history with an interested group of friends which number around 50 people. I really don't collect things and live a pretty spartan existence. So I started to sell off some of my pieces and have netted three grand easily and have been able to keep objects within my community. For example, I had two different people ask me to assemble what I believe is 500 dollars worth of objects which they then frame.

I've been able to pay for my first detector and recently buy a Nox 800 with Pro-Find 35 pinpointer while still leaving some money in my pocket. Probably going to sell off some more pieces but I'm fighting off buying a Deus. This is a sure sign I'm a bit of a gear head. I'm enjoying the hobby and seeing other's finds here motivates me to get out there.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the most expensive thing you sold??

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have no issues at all with the idea of selling valuable finds. To date, I’ve only sold collectibles like cigar signs I’ve found. When someone pays good money for something that indicates they are willing to keep and preserve it which is what I do with most of my finds. But if I can sell something I will, and I still have the experience of finding it and photos. Enjoy the Deus you know you will get!

OP
OP
Eastender

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My GW Inaugural button for 1300 and a 1798 Draped Bust Cent in VG condition for 500.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Eastender,

I like your thought process! I am starting to down size my detectors; will start posting on Tnet eventually.

Doc

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your so good at taking pictures you should post some of your finds !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your so good at taking pictures you should post some of your finds !

Reading my mind!:hello2:

My best year for melt gold from Long Island beaches was 2016, at 9.3-ounces with jewels sold separately (two-diamonds = 1.5ct / one ruby .75ct /one emerald 1.5ct). My worst year out there was just under an ounce, 30-grams.

Location Baby! Congratulations!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like replying to someones post asking for a few pictures. Which is something they claim to love to do. I myself find it hard to put faith in some things when you are ignored !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread