Sold my first buying

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold ring I bought for $3 in ebay
It sold for $25

Now I just have to figure out how to ship it to him lol ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431122699.452898.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure he pays first. It's easiest and cheapest to print your labels right off of ebay, you get free delivery confirmation that way. If you don't have a printer then you'll have to do it the old fashioned way, hand written. You'd better get delivery confirmation regardless, especially this being your first sale. Be prepared to have your funds on hold too with Paypal.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Hm I'll have to figure out how to print it off! Sounds better.

He still hasn't paid.

We will just wait and see

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under the listing there should be a "print shipping label" option in the "more options" categories. Click that and enter the weight of your package and it will calculate the cost of the postage. You get the tracking/delivery confirmation number free if you print your label from the ebay site instead of buying at the post office. Congrats on your first sale!! And as Diggummup said make sure they pay before you purchase your label.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sweet! You can send the buyer a invoice if he hasn't paid yet and often times that gets their butt in gear to pay.

Sent from a empty soda can!

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I well he paid!
But I only ended up getting $25.93
Should have been 27.01 after shipping

I guess PayPal fees?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I well he paid!
But I only ended up getting $25.93
Should have been 27.01 after shipping

I guess PayPal fees?

Yes PayPal takes their fees right off the top. eBay invoices you and then automatically hits your PayPal on a certain date...

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Also if it was me I'd probably ship priority as you get the tracking and insurance included. Sometimes it's even cheaper than parcel post...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ahh I see I see
Fun stuff lol

How much should I expect them to take?
I believe it's about 10% on most categories plus any extras you added on in your listing (probably none) so about $2.50

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also if it was me I'd probably ship priority as you get the tracking and insurance included. Sometimes it's even cheaper than parcel post...

First class postage comes with tracking # free if purchased from the eBay site (I don't think it comes with insurance though).

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
First class postage comes with tracking # free if purchased from the eBay site (I don't think it comes with insurance though).

Yup, I forgot about that. On a $25.00 item insurance is really not that big of a deal.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys! I plan on shipping it out tomorrow so I'll try and find that shipping deal you guys are referring to!

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When calculating what I get after an items sells or even when I'm buying, I always figure that I'm going to pay 13% in ebay and paypal fees. This has been pretty accurate for all items.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the "print shipping label" button from your listing. It will ask you to choose first class or priority (or whatever other way you want to ship). Enter the weight of the total package then "purchase" and print the label. It'll walk you through the steps.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure. I think what I meant to say is that if you print off your label it's going to ask you for a weight. So when you select it don't choose a weight higher than 3 ounces. The 1,2 and 3 ounce selection are the same price. For a $25 ring I wouldn't do priority mail for $5. It will ship it for $2 and you will save your self $3. If this is your first sale and you're having any trouble printing off your first label I will give you my cell if you want to call and I'll walk you through it but it's pretty easy.

But a ring like that first class shipping a $1. 98 shipping. And you're good.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I always take insurance. I pay $3.63 for a first class 3 oz envelope. The only time I don't take insurance is when its under $10.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always take insurance. I pay $3.63 for a first class 3 oz envelope. The only time I don't take insurance is when its under $10.

I use the insurance if it's $180 and up. You have too at $250 +. I will probably jinxed myself for saying this but I have not had any problems for as long as I can remember. Put it in the box, wish it good luck and send it away!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread