Sold my stash today......

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats!!! Nothing like trading up for a key coin, especially one you need... and come to think, how much will that merc really cost you in face value? :)

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
feels good to let some go! I sold a little back in Sept, walked out with 3500 cash money!

nice work dick!!!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice great $$$ And its fun!!

AgHawk

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without knowing what you sold, it is impossible to know if you got a good deal or not. So I will just say that if you're happy, then I'm happy for you. :icon_thumleft:

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I am waiting for silver to go up around $40 before selling a bunch of 40% rolls. I usually use 40% as play money and keep my other finds. Or once I sell my 40% I buy eagles and other premiums.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MISTAKE! but then again, you are in NY where the AG is plentiful. you can recover that same amount within a year.

Sell on the spikes at least $40/oz+. Having cash in the pocket is a great boost of confidence though.

To each their own...Get the new PING driver!!!!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Dick I thought you were saving silver for retirement...oh well sometimes you gotta pay the bills...sometimes

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
If you sell some today, you will get more tomorrow... if you desire the return today, then go for it... At least you got ahead of the big drop that is starting today--- down 1.76 already.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Easiest way to not have to sell your stash to pay off bills.

Have less bills!

Its amazing what living within your means does to the number of bills rolling in each month.

Dont use Rent-a-Center, that is the easiest way to lose money.

Its sad to hear of people selling their finds to pay off bills.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Easiest way to not have to sell your stash to pay off bills.

Have less bills!

Its amazing what living within your means does to the number of bills rolling in each month.

Dont use Rent-a-Center, that is the easiest way to lose money.

Its sad to hear of people selling their finds to pay off bills.

Some of us have student loans, its not about living within your means at that point. I can live a very meager life and still have debt galore and eventual bills galore-

Also, some people probably use this hobby as a means to supplement their income, so selling their stash is part of living within their means...
N8

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Some of us have student loans, its not about living within your means at that point. I can live a very meager life and still have debt galore and eventual bills galore-

Also, some people probably use this hobby as a means to supplement their income, so selling their stash is part of living within their means...
N8

Yes, I CRH for living and it's my J.O.B!!. I get people ask me " Why are you selling them, silver is way below $50? " Well, I look it as, I"m the fisherman. They are plenty of fish out there. One gone other will be found soon, and fishermen sell at all prices!!!
:headbang::headbang:

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold $150 in 40's, $56 in 90's and $1 in warnickels.....i got 93.74% of spot from Provident Metals.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much did you manage to sell the war nickels for? I know dealers are not willing to pay anywhere near melt for them because it cost more $$$ for them to refine... plus, the ban states you cannot melt nickels or pennies.

I think you did a smart move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread