Solid 2012 Boxes

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone!

I've been trying to find dime/nickel/quarter boxes from banks in my area but they all seem to be solid 2012 boxes. Interesting part was my latest nickel box. It was a solid 2012P box but it did have about 10 older nickels in the rolls. Oldest was a 1958. Is there a trend to these boxes? Will they eventually go away? I haven't been able to get any older mixed date boxes in my area.

Upvote 0

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased 2 dime boxes on Monday - all 2012 P. Every single coin! So annoying.
I then dumped them and purchased a quarter box with one silver 1952! Not bad - well worth the trouble of the dimes.
I am dumping the remaining quarters and buying a few half boxes to be picked up on Friday - we shall see!

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been thinking about starting to order boxes of dimes/nickels, but am scared to because of these solid boxes of 2012.

Oh well, keep at it!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought a Brinks Penny box, and ended up being all Solid 2012 P. I set aside 5 rolls for my collection, and investment and dumped the rest. Went to the bank and they said I would have to open each roll so they could run it through the machine. I guess they were worried I would steal a penny. NBD though.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why you DO NOT search dime and nickel boxes..you should be searching half dime boxes instead.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to your local bank and ask for a box of these:
1870-s_half_dime.jpg
There shouldn't be any problems. I hear you can still find some 2054's in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions